Smuggler Run Questions

cruzdreamin'

Hello Everyone!

My DH & I will be in Belize in December & were thinking of doing horsebackriding thru Smuggers Run. I have e-mail Trevor but had no response. I had a few questions for those of you who have done this tour...

1. How long does it normally take Trevor to resond to your e-mail?

2. On this tour, do you get to see anything interesting or is it just a ride thru the jungle?

3. Do you get to see any wildlife or ruins or anything?

4. Will there be time for a little shopping once you get back to the dock?

I was hoping to maybe have time to pick up a couple of things for friends, or maybe go to Cucumber Beach?

Also, has anyone done the CIty carriage ride or toured Old Belize and Cucumber beach?

SOrry for all the questions, but this will be our first time to Belize and I know that some of you have been several times and I value any input I get from these boards. ANy other suggestions you may have will be welcome as well. We are not interested in the sip lining or cave tubing or spending the day at the beach (we live at the beach).

Thanks so much for your help! Have a great day!!

Trevor can take a few days to respond he will get back to you. He or Cathy usually pick you up at the pier and take you to their ranch. They point out

places of interest along the way. On our last trip we stopped for fresh along the way. They were fantastic. When you get to Smugglers run they have a few animals, a coti and I don't remember what else. You ride through the rain forest, Trevor will point out all the native plants and trees. It is really interesting. (Don't wear light color clothes if it has been raining recently the horses splash mud)

After we toured we were treated to a traditional Belzian lunch. It was the best meal of our trip! The limeaid and lime pie are to die for! After finishing up we headed back to the shops to shop a bit. On our first trip I went to the pharmacy before we even left the pier.

The first time it was my family of 5 and another couple, on our last visit it was just the 4 of us. Trevor is very laid back and he will accomadate your wishes.

Hope you have a great time

Kim

Thanks KIm! I appreciate your reply. Is the rainforest the only place you ride? Do you get to see anything else, like mayan ruins or river streams or mountains or anything? The reason I ask is that this is the description on some of the other tour guides websites. I have been riding horses for about 30 + years and I am afraid just a ride thru the rainforest maight be a little boring for me, on the other hand SMugglers Run comie so highly recommended. Thanks again for all the info. I'm sure we'll figure it out!!! One other question if you don't mind...how long did it take before Trevor replied to youir e-mails? I've e-mailed him several times on different addresses and have not have a reply from any of them.

Thanks KIm! I appreciate your reply. Is the rainforest the only place you ride? Do you get to see anything else' date=' like mayan ruins or river streams or mountains or anything? The reason I ask is that this is the description on some of the other tour guides websites. I have been riding horses for about 30 + years and I am afraid just a ride thru the rainforest maight be a little boring for me, on the other hand SMugglers Run comie so highly recommended. Thanks again for all the info. I'm sure we'll figure it out!!! One other question if you don't mind...how long did it take before Trevor replied to youir e-mails? I've e-mailed him several times on different addresses and have not have a reply from any of them.[/quote']

If you have been riding horses for 30+ years you may find the ride boring. Having said that....the ride itself is not why Smuggler's run gets such great reviews. IMP...the reviews are the result of the overall experience you get from spending the day with Trevor and his family. My DH (39) said he loved this trip, he compared it to a family get-together at the holidays. From the moment you are picked up at the pier, you are treated like family. We were told about the history/progress of Belize and showed different sights along the way. Trevor showed my boys several of his animals and had them laughing most of the day. One of my boys, enjoys cooking so Trevor's step-daughter explained how the cook (she didn't speak english) prepared a traditional Belizian meal and he was able to help a little. Smugglers Run is a great place to go if you want a very relaxing enjoyable day.

Enjoy you cruise:p Denise

p.s. When we were there Trevor did not have internet access at the Plantation. He would check emails once or twice a week in town.

Thanks Denise! It sounds like a lot of fun even if the ride isn't that adventuresome. I'm sure it would be a great day. I just wanted to make sure we had several photo opportunities, as we may never get back there again and I want to have something to look back on years down the road.

Thanks again!

Archived