Best sail/snorkel to see TURTLES

jamie0483

I have seen that there are a bunch of companies that offer a sailing snorkeling trip that include the turtles. Are the turtles worth it? How many do you usually see? Has anyone had any great experiences with any particular sailing company?

Thanks!

We saw a couple of turtles when we went out with High Pockets a couple of years ago. The High Pockets experience was terrific and I wholeheartedly recommend them. That being said, no one can guarantee that you'll see turtles, and I wouldn't make the that focus of your search. If you're going to Barbados, that's a better place to swim with turtles.

We had a great day sail with Island earlier this month. We asked for turtles and he took us to a stop where we saw several. We choose this boat over some of the others because we were picked up and dropped off at our ship and Capt. Mike has those cool motorized sea scooters that pull you through the water. You can use the scooters at no additional charge and my kids loved them. Saving the cost, time and hassle of having to take a taxi to a different day sail company was also a big selling factor for us.

Netta7

We had a great day sail with Island earlier this month. We asked for turtles and he took us to a stop where we saw several. We choose this boat over some of the others because we were picked up and dropped off at our ship and Capt. Mike has those cool motorized sea scooters that pull you through the water. You can use the scooters at no additional charge and my kids loved them. Saving the cost, time and hassle of having to take a taxi to a different day sail company was also a big selling factor for us.

Netta7

I meant to say our sail was with Island Girl. Apologies for the typo.

Archived