Question on Dolphin Cove Swim

zinnia56

I'm looking at this excursion through Celebrity and wondering if it is simply swimming with the dolphins or is snorkling/scuba included. Under activity type, it lists snorkling/scuba.

We are hoping to just swim with the dolphins with no snorkling/scuba included. Any information on this excursion?

Thanks.

hmmm I show this in my itinery:

Dolphin Cove Swim - GC96

The highlight of a visit to Dolphin Cove will be the rare opportunity to swim and play with a beautiful bottlenose dolphin. The dolphin swim experience begins with a brief orientation and then guests enter the water. Be introduced to these friendly dolphins for an experience of a “lifetime”. Feel the thrill of “riding” the dolphin belly to belly and enjoy a kiss or two. Discover how Dolphin Cove’s trainers use hand signals and positive reinforcement to communicate with the dolphins.

Port/City: George Town, Grand Cayman

Dates Offered: 25-Feb-2009

Approx. Duration: 4 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

*Current Price: Starting from

149.00 Adult (USD)

149.00 Child (USD)

0.00 Infant (USD)

Activity Type: Snorkel & SCUBA Tours | Adventure Tours | Wilderness & Wildlife Tours | Beach and/or Water-Related Activities

Activity Level: Moderate

Advisements:

Restrictions: N/A

Again, as of this time there are no dolphin programs in Cayman. There has been a proposed program but it is not yet built. I do not know if such a facility will be built and open before the time of your cruise in February 2009, but I would find it doubtful at this point.

In any event, since such a facility does not yet exist in Cayman, it is impossible to answer your question about the procedures they would use.

Strange that they would allow me to book and pay for this excursion without even having a facility. I do believe you, however, because I can't find anything else on it. So, I guess I'll pass on it and look on to something else to do while in the Cayman's. We've been there twice before and just sorta looking for something different.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is a Dolphin Cove opening in Grand Cayman this month, I

believe. We visited Dolphin Cove Jamaica back in January. The owners

are friends of my husband. The new park was originally supposed to open

in July, but was pushed back to September. You will love it!! Enjoy!!

Archived