NCL Jewel Questions

Susie from MN

I'm new to the boards and am trying to decide on the best excursions for my cruise in January on the Jewel out of Miami. Is it best just to search the Ports of Call section? Is there any rating system on the boards for the excursions that NCL lists on it's website?

Also, we're going into Miami a day early. Any recommendations on where to stay? Thanks so much!

Hi Susie:

If you check under "East Coast Departures" there is a page for "Florida Departures" which should be helpful to you.

My family went on the Jewel for our first cruise in March - we loved it!

What ports are u doing.

We did the Jewel 5 day in January and loved it, now we're hooked on cruising. If Grand Caymans is on your itenary definately do the sting ray city. We booked with an outside company you can find on the Grand Caymans boards and loved it would highly recommend them

Smart move, arriving in MIA the day before. We did a 9 day on the Jewel (great ship) this past January and stayed up in South Beach the night before at the Best Western Atlantic Beach. Nothing overly luxurious or fancy but clean and a good value, we thought. It was great, especially w/kids, to have time to relax and play by the pool and ocean before making our way by cab down to the port the next day. As for port excursions, we made our own fun with cab rides to various beaches and points of interest but I hear that the ship sanctioned trips are all pretty good.

If you are on the Jewel's 9 day Southern Caribbean cruise, then we found that the privately arranged tours with members from our Cruise Critic roll call were absolutely great and saved us many $$'s! Read all the posts in the ports of call section and check your roll call frequently.

Archived