club Hal

I am trying to decide whether I should take my 8yr old grandaughter with me on the Westerdam during the first week of Dec. Does anyone know what hours approx, club hal is open. I wants to spend time at the spa and some adult activities in the evening..Crow's nest etc. I know there wouldn't be a lot of kids during that week but I would like some activities for her.

Thanks

Marcia

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Not sure about the Westerdam, we were on the Noordam with our 7 year old son. From what I remember, while out at sea the hours are:

9:00 - 12

2 -5

7-10

I believe while in port they only open from 7-10. You can also pay an extra charge to go beyond 10 pm, it was very nominal.

I am trying to decide whether I should take my 8yr old grandaughter with me on the Westerdam during the first week of Dec. Does anyone know what hours approx, club hal is open. I wants to spend time at the spa and some adult activities in the evening..Crow's nest etc. I know there wouldn't be a lot of kids during that week but I would like some activities for her.

Thanks

Marcia

My six year old daughter loved Club HAL on the Rotterdam this summer. She begged to go there after dinner every evening.

On days in port, club HAL was open in the evening after dinner. The hours were 7 pm to 10 pm. This gave my wife and I an opportunity to be adults. We would usually spend the time in the crow's nest with my siblings (both of which are unmarried and childless) with an after dinner drink or two. Club HAL is available during the day on port days, however you had to sign up for it the day before. I'm not sure if there is a seperate charge for this session as I did not use it.

On days at sea, club HAL has three sessions, a mornig (9:00 to 11:30), afternoon (1:00 - 5:00), and evening (7:00 to 10:00).

BTW, there weren't a whole lot of kids on the Rotterdam in July in the Baltics. There were probably a dozen Club HAL aged kids not all of which were in Club HAL. My next cruise is with Disney, where I think the kids outnumber the adults 2 to one :0

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reply.

Rick

Last June our 9yo DS really liked Club Hal. The hours listed in earlier post were the same on Zaandam.. There were usually only about 10 kids northbound, and even fewer southbound. At meals, he was always asking if Club Hal was open yet so he could return. Don't know if it is true on all ships, but on port days, Club Hal was open by reservation. That was great because if DS wasn't interested in port activity, he wasn't bored because he got to go to Club Hal instead.

Evening hours on the Maasdam this summer were 7:00pm to 9:30pm. Our 8year old DD would leave dinner before dessert arrived to go to Club HAL, she liked it so much -- and she didn't want to be late. And then we'd have adult time until 9:30pm, when she'd get herself back to our cabin.

You can also sign up for late-night hours after 9:30pm, but on our cruise nobody did. We always took her to the ports with us, so I don't know what they did onboard on port days.

I think whether they will enjoy it DOES depend on whether there are enough other kids their age to make the activities interesting. Don't need a crowd, but do need SOME.

Archived