Where is city centre Paris?

I'm doing the Paris on your own excursion and I'd like to know where the 'city center' is that the bus says it will drop us at. Does anyone know?

The "City Center" of Paris is classical the area around the Île de Cité (that's why it's called the City Center...).

But you'll find most what makes a classical City Center on the right river side of the River Seine.

Go on this map:

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/cv/carteparis.php

Check

the red line between Gare de Lyon and Charles de Gaule/Étoile

and

the blue line between Denfert Rochereau and Gare du Nord

or

everything within the circle of Metro-Line 2 and 6 (Charles de Gaule/Étoile - Nation).

Regards,

HeinBloed

I read somewhere on this board, that the "Paris on your own" bus drops you close to the eiffel Tower. I'd try calling your cruiseline and asking if they have an excursion desk, to ask them this question to be sure. The different cruiselines may have different drop off points.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=810111&highlight=Paris

Read post #2 in the link.

• 1 month later...

For Celebrity this summer, it was right by the east pillar of the Eiffel Tower on Avenue Gustave Eiffel. Permanent toilets were being redone this summer, so there was a line of porta-potties nearby (you laugh, but it's the first bit of Paris most people on our bus headed for). Nearest Metros are Bir Hakeim (under the Tower, left along the Seine for about two or three blocks) or Trocadero (under the Tower, cross the Pont d'Alma, through the park and up the steps past the Art Deco palace, and turn right).

Archived