Will This Be His First and Only Cruise? I Can't Even Imagine It!

IslandToIsland

I had this very same situation last year except that it was my ex-husband and not my boyfriend. Now before everyone thinks they have read a typo, I did say ex-husband. My ex and I have been divorced for 15yrs but we continue to get along well and travel alot together so that our 16 yr old son can be with both his parents on vacation. My son loves to cruise and I have taken him on a yearly cruise for the last 4yrs. I thought it would be nice for my son to have both parents along but boy was I wrong. My ex hated the cruise!! :eek: It was obvious from the 1st 15min on the ship that the week was going to be a disaster. It was "too crowded, too noisy, boring, food was horrible, felt like a prisoner etc etc etc etc." He complained, whined and pouted so much that it wrecked our entire cruise. We have come to a very mutual agreement that he is not the cruise type and will never be cruising with him again which we are all thankful about. :p

I hope all goes well for you and that your boyfriend enjoys it as much as you. He probably just doesn't know what to expect. Good luck!!:)

I won the first cruise we ever went on and that is the only reason my husband went. Otherwise I don't think I ever would have convinced him to go because he had absolutely no desire to try it. Well that was 7 cruises ago. After that 1st one, he was totally hooked. He is so glad he tried it. I am sure your boyfried will be love it-how could he not :)

My hubby never wanted to cruise. but being the great guy he is, he went along with the plan cause he loves me.

NOW, he loves to cruise - however, planning and getting excited like I do in advance is just not him. (He does have this wierd obsession with vintage motorcycles that I dont understand.) That doesn't stop him from wanting me to be obsessed with it. :D It's all good in the end.

Quite possibly it is a simple matter of "you can't be hooked on something you have never experienced" Once he tries it chances are he too will want to cruise again and again. Don't, however, hold out for him to get over-excited about the planning. Just do the fun stuff and enjoy your cruises together.

Does his boyfriend know he's going on the cruise with you...? :D

Maybe it's the cost. Even though a cruise is a good travel purchase for the money... it's not a cheap vacation by any means. Maybe he's concerned that you will expect a cruise from this point forward once he goes on one... and doesn't care to spend a couple grand for a vacation.

Maybe a SugarDaddy should be your next date... :D

My hubby will NOT even consider going on a cruise. So sadly, I just go without him and he is fine with that. He goes all over the country to NASCAR races that I can live without, so it works out. The downside is we don't take as many trips together, the upside is it's cheaper for one to cruise than two so I can afford to go more often. :)

my DH is in Bristol, TN as we "speak", where he just watched Carl Edwards win!

anyway, i'm in the same boat with you pretty much. my DH wants to go (i think) but hasn't gotten into planning at ALL. i WANT him to really get into it b/c i'm so excited. i think his problem is that it's just still too early. i think he'll get more excited and helpful as we get closer to cruise time. he better. he usually does all the vacation type planning so i'm really missing his help on this one.

Ok so I am beyond excited about my upcoming cruise, which will be my 2nd and my BF first. He does not seem excited whatsoever. I want this to be his first of many, but I'm so worried he will not like it. I keep wondering to myself how can he not. I am doing all the planning and he has no interest in helping. I'm hoping he is just gearing up and will be amazed once he is there. Has anyone had this experience with a significant other? If so, what was the outcome? I'm interested to see how many just did not enjoy the experience. That would break my heart because I want to cruise, cruise, cruise, til I can't cruise anymore!

After many years onboard Naval War Ships the last thing I wanted to see was another ship. I have seen gazillion of Sun rises, Sun sets and tons of blue water so I was so against going on any type of ship.

I stepped onboard Carnival Holiday and said to myself, ok cool, it looks like a mall, no gun turrets and no door hatches that you always knock your knees on when you go through them and the decor wasn't all grey. My next adventure was dinner, What!:eek: I can select anything I see on the menu, even 2 or 3 entrées :D Then after dinner came the shows, although I didn't show my excitement, I was having a nice time. On my first cruise onboard Holiday I even hit the Lotto for $954.00 so that made it even more special.

I recommend for his first time cruise to just get a table for 2, that way he isn't intimidated by his table mates and he can be himself. If he is the type that like to interact with other people then book a table for 10.

Good Luck.

Fred

I firmly believe that the ship does not make the cruise but who you are with. My wife and I have never had a bad cruise because we make the cruise. So I am sure you and your boyfriend have a good time when you are together, so don't worry.

My DH and I have been together for 10 years, and he has always wanted to cruise. I finally caved, and we, I mean I, am planning our first cruise for November. The DH just nods and says, "Sure hon, whatever" when I bring up something. Then, about 2 weeks ago, something amazing happened. He said to me one day "How much longer til the cruise?" and I said "98 days today" and he said "OH finally, I have so many questions, but I didn't want to ask so far from the cruise! I really wanted to wait til we were under 100 days." Now, he is suddenly excited, and every few days he asks me again how many days. He often asks questions at weird times, for example, at the grocery store. We were in the fruit section and he asked, "Do you think the pineapple will be fresh from the islands we visit on the cruise?" So froggy, give him a chance. You guys are pretty far out and I think that men just don't think of things that are that far away. And as a PP stated, there is a chance that the Christmas holiday happening before your trip is throwing him off. If your BF is anything like my DH, he won't think about Christmas til maybe the week before, so why should he think about the cruise so far in advance?

PS- Last night we watched youtube videos on Stingray City, at his request. Now he wants to know what things I have planned! :p

Are we married to the same man???

LOL, the one thing I wish I could do that he does is pack once, I pack and unpack a dozen times before we leave. It also never fails that once we leave for the airport we have to stop a few times so I can make sure I didn't forget anything. DH says if you wait until the last minute your less likely to forget something (his logic). I already have my lists going and a few bins that I have been tossing things into for the trip. DH laughs but he knows that chances are I will have whatever it is he forgets ;)

Ok so I am beyond excited about my upcoming cruise, which will be my 2nd and my BF first. He does not seem excited whatsoever. I want this to be his first of many, but I'm so worried he will not like it. I keep wondering to myself how can he not. I am doing all the planning and he has no interest in helping. I'm hoping he is just gearing up and will be amazed once he is there. Has anyone had this experience with a significant other? If so, what was the outcome? I'm interested to see how many just did not enjoy the experience. That would break my heart because I want to cruise, cruise, cruise, til I can't cruise anymore!

I am going through the same thing, but not with DH (he loves cruising) with my sister. The upcoming cruise will be her first cruise and my plan is to get her hooked so that she can be my cruising buddy. But I can't get her to even really talk about the vacation. She is worrying about money and all sorts of other crap. It does not help that her DH is a selfish jerk either. :mad: DH does not have a problem being my cruise buddy but he loves to travel in packs and I can't always find a group to go with us. :(

Archived