Next Cruise Question

The search function is down so I couldn't find the info I needed.

We are sailing on the Mariner in Oct and would like to book a next cruise. We are a family of 5 and will need 2 rooms. Can we initially put 2 $100 deposits down for the 2 rooms (one for myself and one for my DH) and then add the kids later when we decide on the cruise?

Also, do we get some kind of coupon for friends or families to use when we decide to book? If so, how does it work and how many rooms can they book?

Thanks in advance for any info you may provide.

You can put only $100 down per cabin to begin with........then adding the rest of the deposit when you book.......

You should get 2 family and friends certificates for EACH NC you get.........then when you book a cruise,your family/friends will have within 30 days to book the same cruise as you and they will receive the same OBC as you............of course, theirs will be forfeited if you wind up cancelling the cruise,even if they still go.

You can put only $100 down per cabin to begin with........then adding the rest of the deposit when you book.......

You should get 2 family and friends certificates for EACH NC you get.........then when you book a cruise,your family/friends will have within 30 days to book the same cruise as you and they will receive the same OBC as you............of course, theirs will be forfeited if you wind up cancelling the cruise,even if they still go.

kathy ~ when that friend or family member books who sends in the NC friend certificate to be redeemed? The original holder of the certificates or the friend who is going to use it.

I had a friend book Oasis hours after I did and she will use one of my NC friend certificate... do I send it in for her to receive her OBC or does she?

You know,I dont really think it matters..........no where on the certificate does anyone have to sign it.........so I would just send it to the address on the back with a letter with everyones info on it.......just in case......

I only gave a friends one out once and RCCL didnt even ask for it..........just the info on it.........

You know,I dont really think it matters..........no where on the certificate does anyone have to sign it.........so I would just send it to the address on the back with a letter with everyones info on it.......just in case......

I only gave a friends one out once and RCCL didnt even ask for it..........just the info on it.........

Thanks K ~ that's what I thought. First time using a friend's cert

So on RCI the Next cruise is $100pp but when we decide to book we have to pay the rest of the deposit?

Not familiar with RCI only Princess and with them you pay $100pp but when you book you don't pay anything additional.

Bill

Can Next Cruise be used to book a Celebrity ship?

What is the incentive to book on board? Does a specific cruise need to be booked or just a promise to cruise?

It is my understanding that you cannot use a Next Cruise to book a Celebrity cruise. You do not have to name a specific cruise. When you are ready to book a cruise you use the booking number on the Next Cruise

Do you have to book the actual cruise directly through RCI or can you use your own TA using the NC?

When you purchase the NC, they will ask you what TA you use, giving you the opportunity to assign "ownership" of the NC to the TA. Bear in mind that once the TA owns the NC, you cannot transfer the NC away from the TA without the TA's consent.

Another consideration is that cruises tend to be booked many months in advance. Lots can happen with your TA during that time, including changing agencies. This happened to me. I purchased a NC and assigned it to my TA, except it was really assigned to her agency. She changed agencies and I was stuck with the original agency, who didn't want to give up the booking. Nothing bad happened - the agency handled everything fine. I just lost the ability to stay with the TA I wanted to use.

What I do now is buy the NC without designating a TA. When I want to book a cruise using the NC, I book direct with RCI. Shortly before final payment I transfer the booking to the TA. This way you keep your options open as long as possible.

If you used a TA to book the cruise that you are on when you book your NC, they will automatically assign it to that TA unless you specifically tell them not to. I learned the hard way. It is a very big hassle to get a TA removed from a NC. It actually took me over a week and the fuel charge went from $8 to $10. I had to pay the higher amount.

If you used a TA to book the cruise that you are on when you book your NC, they will automatically assign it to that TA unless you specifically tell them not to. I learned the hard way. It is a very big hassle to get a TA removed from a NC. It actually took me over a week and the fuel charge went from $8 to $10. I had to pay the higher amount.

I believe you. When I first purchased a NC, I was not aware that they had "ownership". The Loyalty Ambassador was nice enough to ask me if I wanted the NC assigned to the TA that booked the cruise I was on. Like you say, some LA's might not ask.

Archived