Is 7 months too young for a cruise?

Leafpeeper

We took our DD on her first cruise at 7 months so YES, YES, YES go and enjoy. It was by far one of the easiest we have done with her. If you plan well enough it works perfect.

She was not mobile yet so she just sat in her highchair or stroller or on mommy and daddy's lap the entire cruise. We also took a blow up pool which also served as a mini playpen when its dry and we would sit her in it in between some lounge chairs on deck with a few toys. By this point she wasnt waking at night as much but we kept her pack n play close to our bed so we could quickly quiet her just in case. We took a large diaper box filled with diapers, wipes, large can of formula, bottles, bottle brush, small dish soap, baby food in plastic containers, baby cereal portioned out in small ziplock baggies, disposable infant spoons, bibs, bowls. We just checked that right along with the luggage. Sure, its a little more to carry but it is so wonderful to have someone else cooking and cleaning and entertaining you for a week. We kept to her schedule but at that age she was very easy and would just sleep in the stroller. We got to see a few shows and eat dinner in the dining room every night. We were flexible and prepared to eat in the buffet or miss a few shows or excursions if we needed to. As long as you go with that attitude, you will have a great time. In fact, it was so great we took her again at a year. We are taking our DD on her 6th cruise this weekend and she is only two. If we had had a bad time, trust me we wouldnt have done it again.

Julie

My DD is very organized and plans well for everything. The babies have been sleeping overnight at our house for the past 3 weekends to get used to a strange environment because we are all heading to a wedding in Lake George for the upcoming holiday weekend. They have been doing great sleeping thru the night.

I appreciate all the tips from everyone. Sounds like cruising with a 6 month old is much easier than a two year old.

I would love to take grandma and grandpa with us on a cruise! It's the $$ factor that kills that idea for us :o

Same here! And then if that weren't a factor....it's tough because I feel like it's not fair for my mother to go when dad has to stay behind and work! That's no fair!

LOL

Actually? My mom is pretty selfish sometimes and does a lot of traveling herself even knowing that dad can't get off from work all the time. She travels very frequently! We took her on our last cruise and she complained from the time we got on the ship and then the flight home she didn't even speak to us. She complained the entire time. I swear I thought she was looking for things to go to the Purser's desk and demand a refund for. She didn't though.

Funny thing? She asked if she could go on this cruise with us! I thought you were miserable last time????? We were on the Victory and she said she hated the ship, she hated the ports, hated everything. She NOW tells a different story......

She's staying home! I'd be thrilled to take my dad though! How about some extra time with Grandpa!!!

:D

Archived