Half Moon Cay Eco Lagoon Cruise

timothy998

Please help us with this...Our family of five, including DW, DS-age 11, DD-age 7 & DS-age 3 will be at HMC on the 22 March 2009 Westerdam sailing from Ft Lauderdale. Is the Eco Lagoon Cruise worth the money or are there better alternatives available? Will HAL charge for the 3-year old? Thank you all very much--this is our first cruise & we're trying to give the kids a few unique opportunities.

Please help us with this...Our family of five, including DW, DS-age 11, DD-age 7 & DS-age 3 will be at HMC on the 22 March 2009 Westerdam sailing from Ft Lauderdale. Is the Eco Lagoon Cruise worth the money or are there better alternatives available? Will HAL charge for the 3-year old? Thank you all very much--this is our first cruise & we're trying to give the kids a few unique opportunities.
Of course, I don't know what your kids like and don't like, but I think there are more thrilling things for them to do there ... especially the older ones. Swimming with the stingrays and horseback riding are two that come to mind. Parasailing is a third. For the younger one, maybe you or your wife could go tandem with him. The seven-year-old might have to go tandem as well.

I guess my thing against an eco lagoon cruise is that you're on a boat all week cruising. You want to just cruise some more once you get to Half Moon Cay?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I agree with Rita. I'd probably not take my kids on this excursion for the exact reason she listed. We were thinking about doing it (hubby and I), but we'll pass after reading Marie's post.

Here's a list of other things that were available at HMC (from our excursion list). These are the prices from our Feb., 2007 cruise, so prices may have changed a bit.

Aqua Trax (1-hr) This is a guided tour on a jetski $59

Horseback riding (land and sea) (1 1/4 hours)$79

Stingray Adventure (1 hour) $29

Parasailing (1 hour) $69

Snorkel by Boat (1 1/2 hours) $49

Eco Lagoon Kayak Adventure (1 1/2 hours) $39

Deep Sea Fishing (2 hours) $119

Eco Lagoon Cruise ( 1 1/4 hours) $39 adults & $29 kids

Glass Bottom Boat (45 minutes) $29 adults & $19 kids

Historic Nature Walk (1 1/2 hours) $19

Island Bike Tour (1 1/2 hours) $19

Island Massages-$25-$65

Hobie Catamaran rental (1 hour) $50

Sunfish Sailboat Rental (1 hour) $40

Single person kayak (1 hour) $25

Double person kayak (1 hour) $50

Water Bike-1 person (1 hour) $25

Water Bike-2 person (1 hour) $30

Paddle Boat-2 person (1 hour) $40

Snorkel gear rental for the day-$16 adult, $10 kids

Floating Mattress-$9 for the day

Clamshell $14 for the day

Cabana $249 for four people

Thank you all very much for the comments. I think we'll pass on the eco lagoon cruise. Our kids would enjoy most anything out of the ordinary and we can play things by ear. HAL had only a limited list of options for HMC on the website...maybe I'm missing something, or are other excursions offered on the sail date?

Archived