Arranging for Tour When I Exit the Ship

RMH

If I don't want to pre-book a trip to StingRay City, but wait until the ship docks and we disembark, is that possible? Our family of 5 is cruising for the first time and we are not sure we want to over schedule our stops. StingRay City looks very cool, so I wanted to know if I could wait until I get there to book a tour. Has anyone done this? What are the pros and cons?

You can absolutely book tours at the pier, the con to this is that you maybe at the mercy of their schedule instead of preplanning and making the most of your day.

I would suggest that you look at your options, personally I would only take the first tour in the morning for stingray city. This way it is less crowded and typically the first tours are out of there before all the cruise tours show up and the area gets really crowded.

We have used Captain Marvins but if you search these posts many happy cruisers and many different operators.

This tour is not a real long tour and if you wish to go to 7 mile beach most operators will drop you off and you can grab a cab back to the port area.

We did reserve our Stingray City tour ahead of time but our CC was not charged and we opted to pay cash prior to the tour. We enjoyed our tour and when we boarded the boat to leave you could see at least twenty or thirty boats headed towards us. We were so glad we had pre booked and that we were one of the first tours. If I remember corrrectly we were done by lunch, got dropped off at 7 mile beach, swam, ate, drank and enjoyed the sun for a couple of hours and still had time to shop a little before tendering back.

We are going back in October and will probably take the same tour, early.

Archived