Victory~~Southern Carribean

missabbi

I am looking at booking the Victory for the Southern Carribean in June 2009...has anyone taken this cruise? It's not my first pick since there are no sea days (:(), but it's the one my DD & DS want to go on. We've done the Western & Eastern Carribean several times.

Any info or advice on the ship or the itinerary would be appreciated. :D

I am looking at booking the Victory for the Southern Carribean in June 2009...has anyone taken this cruise? It's not my first pick since there are no sea days (:(), but it's the one my DD & DS want to go on. We've done the Western & Eastern Carribean several times.

Any info or advice on the ship or the itinerary would be appreciated. :D

We did the southern route when it included 1 sea day & it was exhausting! Fun, but not a relaxing vacation. We are thinking of doing it again, but will plan to take it easy on some port days so that we do not overdo it.

Hi,

I took that cruise last Sept, but on the Destiny. I did go on the Victory 3 years ago, but on a different itinerary. Victory is a newer, nicer ship - but I didn't mind the Destiny.

We actually wanted a port intensive cruise, so in our case it was great. We did ALOT, but still managed time to relax. We got a balcony room, which helped alot in relaxing. We woke up early, had breakfast on our balcony and enjoyed the ports until 3-4PM. Then we would go back to our cabin, relax on our balcony, watch the ship set sail and then take a little nap with enough time to get ready for the late dinner. Fully energized for a fun night, then back to bed and same routine the next day. The last Saturday is the only day at sea, which was great b/c you have the entire day to really relax with nothing planned.

I highly recommend late dinner so you have more time during the day to explore and enjoy the ports and then rest without going crazy getting ready for dinner.

I also thought this cruise was our favorite by far - for the money and the places we went to see, there is no better itinerary out there. Every port was amazing!

I'm glad to hear you booked your cruise in a balcony cabin. It sounds very nice.

Thanks. I've sailed in interior, balcony and suites...but since my grown children are able to go...I wanted to treat them to balcony cabins. Neither one of my children's bf or gf have been on a cruise, so I thought it would make it more enjoyable.

I can't wait until Nov. to hear some reviews on the Victory doing this itinerary.

Archived