aqua trax at HMC

GAJE

Everyone gets on their own machine and follows a leader at break-neck speeds, in single file, around a lagoon. It can be very rough if you're further back in the line. I liked it but my traveling companion did not; it was a cloudy day and the wind and spray made it quite cool. I loved the adrenaline rush:D Not for those with bad backs though.

Everyone gets on their own machine and follows a leader at break-neck speeds, in single file, around a lagoon. It can be very rough if you're further back in the line. I liked it but my traveling companion did not; it was a cloudy day and the wind and spray made it quite cool. I loved the adrenaline rush:D Not for those with bad backs though.

Is there a certain age to drive?

-Ewokdude

Is there a certain age to drive?

-Ewokdude

From HAL's website:

Notes:

Minimum age is 16. Bring a valid driver's license. Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel.

Experience Half Moon Cay from the natural inner saltwater lagoon on a guided personal watercraft adventure! After a short tram ride, you'll arrive at the safety briefing area and have time to get used to your personal sit-on watercraft. Depart single file with a lead guide and a guide bringing up the rear. Traveling along the picturesque shoreline of the island you'll navigate around the natural reef formations, inlets, islands and sand spits before stopping for a cool drink. Buoyed courses will allow you to test your watercraft skills. With your guide, you'll briefly stop at the tidal outlet, the Indian village and Stingray Cove.

RustaRoo: hmmm..breakneck speeds, huh? That might not be the best way to first experience a personal watercraft. Thanks for the 'heads up' about the time you had!
To me, 'breakneck' simply means with the throttle wide open. You have to keep it that way or you won't be able to keep up. At least, that was the particular experience the day I was there. You may luck out and get a more 'conservative' lead guide. Don't get me wrong I loved it and kept yelling, "I feel the need for speed!" My female companion hated the speed, hated the cold, hated the bouncing over the waves - clearly not a good choice for her.

My experience at HMC was a bright warm sunny day, but I am ROFL thinking about your "disgruntled" companion's reaction to the water craft.

I imagine your conversations were slightly frosty later that evening....:rolleyes:

Archived