spirit airlines ..esperiences..opinions

Spirit is the only airline flying nonstop from San Antonio to Ft Lauderdale so that is my first preference and the price seems good. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with spirit? I dread flying anymore because it all seems so difficult but driving isn't an option.

I also live in San Antonio. But to answer your question, Spirit airlines is great. They offer really cheap fairs on certain dates. Make sure to sign up for their special promotions. I flew from DTW to LAX for $8 one way no that is not a misprint a whopping 8 bucks!!! + taxes of course but still a great bargain. They fly pretty new/well maintained airbuses. (A320). The inside is well maintained as well and roomy.

As long as you don't have to deal with their customer service, they're a great airline. LIke all other airlines, they are cutting back on perks (you have to pay for coffee, water, etc.). But they do offer some great rates. I flew Spirit from Atlantic City to Ft. Myers this past January for $9 eac way ($37 RT including taxes and fees). They almost always run on time. If you got a good fare, don't worry. But sometimes their fares can be higher than others, so it pays to comparison shop.

Archived