Early or Late Seating?

TMarie

We are doing late seating on the Mariner - I like eating late but my concern was staying awake for the show after. The comments on this post seem to indicate that the show for late seating is before dinner - not after. Is this correct? Thanks for the information. jill

We've done early both cruises because we usually eat dinner around 6pm every night. Also it give our kids the ability to spend more time with their friends in the kids clubs.

I could never wait until 8pm or later to eat dinner.

• 3 months later...

:owe have sailed twice with ncl and really enjoyed freestyle dining. I hated when we had reservations at the specialitys due to then I felt time constained.

We are going on our first rcl in feb on the explorer. I picked the earlier seating due to I didn't want to miss any shows, now that I have read the threads we can see what we want when we want. The way I look at it I am not going to rush for anything, I am on vacation, if I cant make it to my seating then I will go to Johnny Rockets or the buffet.

Remember you are away and who cares what you do normally at home, heck then i would be in my jammies and cozy by 7 and I am not going to do that at sea.

Have fun;), pick a time and if it doesn't work, then eat elsewhere.

We always do late seating so we won't feel rusehd at ports. And we likewise like to have a drink while relaxing and getting ready for dinner.

I usually go to the winjammer around 5:30 or so, get some cheese, crackers and fruit to take back to the cabin and we have a little snack while relaxing.

We never eat that late at home but were on vaction and stay up late to enjoy every minute of the ship so late dinner doens't bother us.

All in all, it's a personal choice.

What you plan to do on your port days might be a factor. If you plan to be up at sunrise, eat an early breakfast and be the first off the ship, and you plan to be early abed for that reason, some people find having an earlier dinner is more conducive to restful sleep and early rising than eating a big meal just before bedtime.

If you are planning to sleep in (you ARE on vacation, after all) and wander off the ship whenever, then obviously this wouldn't factor in at all.

Archived