Currency Conversion

MACKAM

Would it be better to get your credit card issuer to convert your onboard credit account from dollars to pounds sterling,or is it more advantageous to use Celebrity's currency conversion program.

Many thanks in anticipation

Mackam.

Would it be better to get your credit card issuer to convert your onboard credit account from dollars to pounds sterling,or is it more advantageous to use Celebrity's currency conversion program.

Many thanks in anticipation

Mackam.

Use your credit card's conversion, not Celebrity's.

Absolutely do not allow Celebrity to convert your charges especially if you have a Nationwide credit card as they do not charge commision on foreign spending unlike Celebrity who charge a 3% conversion fee.

As previously posted make sure they don't convert your charges anyway as has been the case on our last 6 cruises with them. I always take it up with customer services in the UK when I get back and they always refund the difference which can be quite substantial. Don't let them get away with it!!

Also, what is a "burbunny". :)

Well, Bur is my nickname (short for Amber - but "ber" you'd pronounce as "bear" so bUr it is) and the bunny part... is a very long story evolving from my arachnophobia.

Catch me sometime on a ship and I'll tell you and demonstrate over a drink ;)

Archived