What to do in Puerto Rico, when arriving at 7am?

Check out the ports section for lots of ideas. I would recommend a tour to El Yunque rainforest. You can book a private tour, I think it is well worth it, it will give you a flavor of San Juan and focus on your interests. That is what we did. Here is link to my pre-cruise san juan pictures. Enjoy. Laura

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/551917130ywthcE

What is there to do in port in Puerto Rico when arriving at 7am? I feel as if Royal Caribbean just wants me to spend more time and money on the ship!!

Where are you going to spend the money? The shops won't be open in port and if you are drinking at that hour, well that is a another thread, so excuse me but your statement comes off as trying to stir the pot because what things do you RCCL is trying to sell you at that hour?

Stay in bed and go ashore at a time you choose.

I don't think it is intentionally to get you to part with your money - but comparing the old with the new - it looks like they are trying to reduce the number of miles cruised. They old itenerary had a lot of back tracking. Leving San Juan at 2 PM is as bad as leaving Key West at 2.

Have a Ham & Cheese Mallorca and Cafe con Leche at La Bombonera

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/caribbean-and-bermuda/puerto-rico/san-juan/restaurant-detail.html?vid=1154654638250

then grab a taxi (or walk) to El Morro

and here's 138 other things to do

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147320-Activities-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

maybe the OP intent is not as negative as it came across but what would they like?

What time would they prefer?

Do they have proof that RCI is trying to bleed them, financially?

Did the rest of us miss the meeting where the conspiracy was hatched?

maybe the OP intent is not as negative as it came across but what would they like?

What time would they prefer?

Do they have proof that RCI is trying to bleed them, financially?

Did the rest of us miss the meeting where the conspiracy was hatched?

Hey man, don't be giving it away now! :p

OP- Seriously though, just make it an easy day. You don't have to rush and you don't have to spend money. Pot's empty here, don't bother to stir.

If you are a beach person take a cab or bus out to Isle Verdi and go on the beach.The beach is very clean.You can beach it till noon and come back and go to the forts.

Sorry,what time does your ship ;leave?

We booked it knowing that our anniversary was going to be spent in San Juan between 3-10 pm. Now we are at sea on our anniversary and will be docking at 7am. We like to do things in port like shopping, eating, and maybe a beach. Not happening with the new iternary.

Are you there from 7 to 2? If so shops will be open while you are there, so will restaurants, so will beaches. I spent my birthday in San Juan on a cruise a few years ago with those exact hours. It was great, plus you have a wonderful view leaving San Juan during the day.

What is there to do in port in Puerto Rico when arriving at 7am? I feel as if Royal Caribbean just wants me to spend more time and money on the ship!!

If you dock down town - you are a few blocks walk from the best breakfast in San Juan - La Bombonara on calle San Francisco (259). Featured on Rachel Ray $40 a day. We have been there twice and will go back on our Feb Cruise.

If you dock on the Pan Am Pier - take a cab - THEN do what you want. I believe there is a free bus that circles OSJ

We booked it knowing that our anniversary was going to be spent in San Juan between 3-10 pm. Now we are at sea on our anniversary and will be docking at 7am. We like to do things in port like shopping, eating, and maybe a beach. Not happening with the new iternary.

Actually doesn't sound so bad to me. Why not book a specialty restaurant on the ship to celebrate your anniversary. If you were in San Juan you would spend the extra bucks on a restuarant, so either way I see it as the same. I really liked Puerto Rico, maybe try something different, like the Rain Forest, or city tour. There are also beaches in Puerto Rico, and getting in during the daytime instead of the evening allows you to enjoy them. I don't think the beaches close in the morning, so now you can go to the beach and avoid the pm crowds:D . Check out the port page and make the best of it, life's a beach!

Archived