Gem Feb 21st out of NYC

4bellablue

Hey All:

I guess I should pack some warm cloths for the departure huh. I don't think I will have to fight for a chair on the pool deck.

Any one sail in Feb from NYC to Bahama's?

When does it get nice so you can swim in the:) pool?

Is the pool heated?

Any help about what to expect in Feb out of NYC would be great!!

Jeane

We were on the Gem the first week of March and the departure wasn't so bad. We actually went up to the Spinaker Lounge and got a great view of the NYC and the Statue of Liberty.

By the next afternoon, the kids were in the pool. It was about 65 degrees outside but the pool water was heated and the kids were anxious to get in the pool.

Grace

Hey All:

I guess I should pack some warm cloths for the departure huh. I don't think I will have to fight for a chair on the pool deck.

Any one sail in Feb from NYC to Bahama's?

When does it get nice so you can swim in the:) pool?

Is the pool heated?

Any help about what to expect in Feb out of NYC would be great!!

Jeane

And don't forget your muster drill is out on the deck.

Depending on your cabin. We cruised on the Gem out of NYC this past February and our muster was in the Stardust Theater - I was very pleased because when we cruised out of NYC on the Dawn, we were on deck and froze - but we were gluttons and attended the BBQ on deck too. I love those photos of us eating BBQ chicken in our down jackets! To the OP, you'll have a great cruise! We spent the first sea day in the spa and by the next day we were happily on deck.

I don't think any one musters on deck on the Gem. Most ships have taken to indoor mustering and not moving you out to the boats until they have to. Most of the time when you actually have to abandon ship you want to spend as little time on deck as possible.

We sailed the Dawn out of NYC on March 1st 2007. It was cold and windy out on the deck but it was just so great watching the New York skyline fall behind and then slowly going by the Statue of Liberty. Watching all the other ships and then seeing the bridges. It was a memorable start to a great cruise. I liked the two "sea days" before we started the island hopping. It gave us a nice chance to unwind. On our cruise it was still cool the first full day plus we had quite a storm. The second sea day people did start using the pool. We basically just packed warm weather clothes and stayed inside the first day.

We loved that cruise so much we are taking the Gem out of NYC on February 4th, 2009 for the Southern Caribbean.

Archived