What are you doing about luggage?

If you are really sure someone did this, just remove their luggage from the overhead, put yours in, leave theirs in the aisle and play dumb!

The dumb part of this is even attempting to do so with a dozen witnesses sitting right next to you.

They are allowing 1 piece of FREE checked luggage, you can bring more but you will pay for it. I am doing 3 days in London followed by a 12 day cruise with just 1 50 lb bag, mix and match and cut down on shoes.
I don't think any airline charges you for a second bag on international flights.

I guess myself and my girlfriend are lucky in the fact that we are both elite status on multiple airlines (USAirways, which also get Star Alliance, Delta, Continental and AA) from all the traveling we do for work so we've never had to pay for any pieces of luggage.

Being a large guy, (6'2", 300lbs) I tend to have large clothes. I check a large duffel bag that when full, is usually right around 48 lbs. I have the largest carry-on allowed as well (rolling suitcase). My personal item is usually a large laptop backpack, which has lots of storage room in it as well. I can usually get by with what I have in those for 7-10 days without problem. I travel normally with just the carry-on/personal item since most of my trips only last 2-3 days for work.

However, since this is my first cruise in years and although I'm not flying, I'm trying to limit us to 3 bags total: 1 large suitcase each and the garment bag with our formal night clothes. Ofcourse, we'll have the backpack/her large purse. But the way I look at it is that I'm going to be in a pair of board shorts/tank top for most of the days on the boat so I don't need all that much.

Of course, you are supposed to claim purchases for your own state sales tax, but I'd really only worry if the item is an expensive piece, like art. I'm not too worried about a $50 purchase of trinkets.

But of course.... I would claim it.... so the State of New York could get their cut... Wouldn't all good citizens claim it and pay??????? ;)

Archived