AB Cabins (Family Penthouse)

pould

Quick question for those who have been in an AB cabin (or equivalent) before.

Does the sofa in the second bedroom turn into a double/queen bed or is the room only designed for two single beds? Has anybody got any photos of that second bedroom so I can see it?

Any info much appreciated.

I'm not sure what queen size is but it's definitely a double. It's a sofa when you first go in but once it's been turned into a bed, it stays that way.

PS There's not much closet space in that second bedroom and it's a good idea to bring a few hangers for hanging trousers/skirts. They do supply some of these but 3 of the ones I got were missing an essential plastic part which meant that they were useless. When I asked the butler for replacements, he could only find the regular ones instead.

We will be in an AB on the Star in about 2 months. So I really can't help you out, but I have a link that will show you about everything you might want to know or see. The info was provided when the Star was cruising Hawaii and there are a few things that have change. On the link on the top to the SHIP TOUR, there is a lot of info there.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

"It's a sofa when you first go in but once it's been turned into a bed, it stays that way."

What do you mean? I am expecting that the steard/butler (whoever makes up the rooms) will make it back up to a sofa every morning and bring it back to a bed every night at turndown. Is that an incorrect assumption?

"It's a sofa when you first go in but once it's been turned into a bed, it stays that way."

What do you mean? I am expecting that the steard/butler (whoever makes up the rooms) will make it back up to a sofa every morning and bring it back to a bed every night at turndown. Is that an incorrect assumption?

Maybe that's what happens with other people but since my teenager doesn't get out of bed till after 1pm (and only then because of our insistence), there is little call for a sofa as it's not that long before turndown time.

I should mention that the bed is in the main bedroom is far superior to that in the kids' room but the latter is perfectly satisfactory in any case.

Ours was never made back into a sofa after the first evening, but it was fine. It isn't much of a sitting room anyway (you still have the living room), and my daughter and friend would prefer to lie on the bed and watch TV if they decided to do it anyway.

Robin

This bedroom is small, but perfect for kids. It has a wall mounted bed that flips down and a sofa that may be converted into a bed for 2. Total capacity is three children. There is also a full bathroom. At least this was the AB on the Dawn. AB's are great!! Wish I could affort to always cruise at that level.

On the Jewel, the sofa is always made back in a sofa everyday. It looks nice and neat this way. I have pictures if you want to check them out.

Our children loved the AB and I thought it was a great family suite offering us great privacy!!!! It was fantastic! The best we got out of RCCL and Princess in the OS or GS was a curtain. Not to say they don't have other options up the line.

On the Jewel, the sofa is always made back in a sofa everyday. It looks nice and neat this way. I have pictures if you want to check them out.

Our children loved the AB and I thought it was a great family suite offering us great privacy!!!! It was fantastic! The best we got out of RCCL and Princess in the OS or GS was a curtain. Not to say they don't have other options up the line.

Would love to see the pictures if you have them.

Enjoy your AB - the masterbath is fantastic and you're going to love the space............

DH used the smaller of the two bedrooms to store his scuba gear:eek: - our kids are grown now but we had the opportunity to upsell to the AB and grabbed it because of the extra living space.

Only one problem though - DH and I loved the "suite life" so much that we've never gone back:D . Oh well - kinda reminds me of why we work hard, ya know?

Archived