I'm So Excited!!!!

Brenda33

I did it!! I booked my first balcony cabin ever!!! DH and I will be leaving the kids home and going on the Carnival Miracle next June. I booked cabin 4230, an Extended Aft Balcony. Can anyone tell me any info on this cabin and if I did good? Thank you so much!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funniest part is I better love it because DH is most likely gonna pitch a fit when he hears I booked a balcony instead on an inside room. He likes to save a dime here and there. :rolleyes:

Order room service:) to bring you coffee and Danish to eat and drink on your balcony on your first morning and have a glass of wine on your balcony before you go to bed the first evening. You might not make it into your cabin that night;) . You guys will love the balcony.

You'll love it! Congrats on your balcony.

We thought the same way as your DH until we got an awesome deal on an RCCL balcony. We were totally spoiled after that! :D

And everyone's right..make sure you order your breakfast or coffee from room service one night and then get up really early at least once. Sitting out there, it feels like you're all alone watching this awesome sight. We do that at least once or twice a cruise.

We kick our feet back, drink our coffee and watch the sun come up over the ocean. WOW! I totally wish I was sitting on a balcony RIGHT NOW! LOL

I had a choice between an extended aft balcony and an extended balcony on the starboard side near the front. I choose the one near the front, but strongly considered the aft. I figure that the view would be a little better on the starboard side as we pull into port. Also, since we are leaving out of NYC and going to Eastern Caribbean, there wouldn't be a great behind the ship sunset. The next time that I do the Western Caribbean, I will definately try to get an aft balcony. I remember seeing the most beautiful sunset ever on the way from Cozumel to Grand Cayman (from the Paris dining on the Triumph).

My second cruise was with a balcony, and my third was back to the inside. My upcoming cruise and all future cruises will be balcony.

Brenda...........take it from me, your husband will never ever go back to an inside cabin again!

The first cruise my husband & I took was back in the 80's on the Celebration and we stayed in an inside cabin. We cruised a few more times after that all in ocean view cabins. Last year we sailed on NCL to Alaska and had a balcony cabin. OMG.........we loved it. We had room service deliver coffee & fresh fruit every morning and we sat out on the balcony enjoying our morning coffee and the views. My husband swore then that it was "balcony sailing" all the way from now on. We just booked a cruise in March 09, aboard the Miracle in a balcony room. I can't wait!

Karen

You WILL absolutely, positively LOVE it! We had an aft balcony on our first cruise on the Legend last year and now I can't imagine not having one. I drank my first cup of coffee on the balcony every morning. What an awesome experience! 67 days before we're on our balcony on the Valor! :p

Are there chairs on the balcony? Are they regular chairs or lounge chairs? Is the room with the extended balcony bigger than other rooms? I forgot to ask the size of the room. I know the balcony is bigger.

I too had a choice to have an extended balcony on one side of the ship...no clue if it is starboard or port.....I forget which is which. lol In any case, I thought I remembered reading the back was great so I'm hoping I picked right. Below us is the dining room. All I see are tables, so I am assuming there shouldn't be too much noise during the sleeping hours?

Are there chairs on the balcony? Are they regular chairs or lounge chairs? Is the room with the extended balcony bigger than other rooms? I forgot to ask the size of the room. I know the balcony is bigger.

I too had a choice to have an extended balcony on one side of the ship...no clue if it is starboard or port.....I forget which is which. lol In any case, I thought I remembered reading the back was great so I'm hoping I picked right. Below us is the dining room. All I see are tables, so I am assuming there shouldn't be too much noise during the sleeping hours?

The room size is the same. On the Conquest, we had two chairs (both reclined) and a table.

This cruise we are in the 9A wrap, and I hope to have even more balcony room, to enjoy the beauty of the sea.

Funniest part is I better love it because DH is most likely gonna pitch a fit when he hears I booked a balcony instead on an inside room. He likes to save a dime here and there. :rolleyes:

Just don't tell hubby about the balcony room until you get there...tell him it was a "surprise".

Like some of the other posters here, once you sail in a balcony room you'll never go back! Hopefully he will feel the same! Enjoy - balconies are awesome! And I do prefer the back as well (one of the best things about being in the back is that its a short walk up the stairs to the food area, so you can easily go up for a drink or snack and come back and eat on the balcony)

Archived