Tampa Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point Review

krissy72

People are always looking for Hotels with transportation to the pier in Tampa, so I thought I would write a short review.

I booked a room a the HIE Rocky point for our cruise leaving Tampa on Aug. 17th 2008. We flew in a day early and needed a room for 5 of us. When we landed in Tampa and picked up out bags there was a phone with a direct line to the HIE Rocky point. We waited 10 min. and the shuttle from the hotel was there to pick us up. On the way back to the hotel our driver stopped so we could pick up soda and water for out cruise. Check in was easy. The hotel was clean, the pool was nice as was the location. Our room was considered a suite. It had 2 double beds and a pull out couch. In the morning we took advantage of the free hot breakfast the hotel offered. We then boarded the shuttle to go to the ship. When we returned I called the hotel just as we were getting off the ship and we ended up waiting maybe 10 min. for the shuttle to take us back to the airport.

So, for about $34 per person, we all got transportation from the airport, transportation anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, transportation to the ship, transportation at the end of the cruise back to the airport, breakfast and a clean place to stay.

I would most certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point again.

Thanks for the review - we stayed in the Rocky Point area years ago and liked the location for the scenery. What is around now for dinner restaurants ? \

MaryAnn

We ate at the Bahama Breeze. It was good, a little pricey, but good. Other than that, I am not sure as we were not there all that long.

If I understand your post correctly, all your transport was included in the price of your room.

Please let us know what rate you booked under to receive the port shuttle service.

Wendy

People are always looking for Hotels with transportation to the pier in Tampa, so I thought I would write a short review.

I booked a room a the HIE Rocky point for our cruise leaving Tampa on Aug. 17th 2008. We flew in a day early and needed a room for 5 of us. When we landed in Tampa and picked up out bags there was a phone with a direct line to the HIE Rocky point. We waited 10 min. and the shuttle from the hotel was there to pick us up. On the way back to the hotel our driver stopped so we could pick up soda and water for out cruise. Check in was easy. The hotel was clean, the pool was nice as was the location. Our room was considered a suite. It had 2 double beds and a pull out couch. In the morning we took advantage of the free hot breakfast the hotel offered. We then boarded the shuttle to go to the ship. When we returned I called the hotel just as we were getting off the ship and we ended up waiting maybe 10 min. for the shuttle to take us back to the airport.

So, for about $34 per person, we all got transportation from the airport, transportation anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, transportation to the ship, transportation at the end of the cruise back to the airport, breakfast and a clean place to stay.

I would most certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point again.

Thanks for the review. We are staying there in Oct.

Sorry it took so long. Never thought to check back. Here are the rates.

Cruise From Tampa Bay Port....Cruise & Stay On Tampa Cruise Lines!

Cruise Package

* NEW! Available 7 days a week

* Includes room, transportation to/from Tampa International Airport and transportation to the Port of Tampa

* Transportation free for children 6 and under

* Complimentary parking during your cruise and complimentary continental breakfast

* Package is for 2 people and each additional person will be charged $10 per night

* Please Call Directly at 813-287-8585

* Not Valid For Group Rates

* $119.00 Standard Room / $129.00 Suite on the Weekend (Friday & Saturday night)

* $174.00 Standard Room / $184.00 Suite on the Weekdays (Sunday-Thursday night)

* Rates Valid Until December 20, 2008

This does also include transportation back to the airport and anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Since we booked a suite and there were 5 of us our cost was $174.48 with tax. Our room had 2 double beds and a pull out couch.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please explain the shuttle situation? Did you have to sign up for the shuttle at a certain time to take you to the port? or did it just run all the time or whenever you wanted? Also, how long was the trip from the hotel to the port? Thanks so much for the review...I got a pretty good qoute from them last night on the phone so i think I will be booking with them.

Archived