Going to Hell on the bus

Wild Bill

I am not sure what bus you are refering to but if you are wanting to take a bus JUST to see Hell, you may be a little disappointed. You can see the whole place in about 5 mins, it is a small place. Funny novelty stuff available to buy at the giftshop, and funny picture opps but the actual site isnt very impressive. At least this is my opinion, i am sure others may disagree. It was cool to see but I wouldnt dedicate an entire trip to see it. Try to find a package tour that goes all over the island through a local company that includes this stop. :)

I was thinking of taking the City Bus that goes to West Bay, where Hell is. On the way back, I thought we could stop at a beach closer to the tender dock, since it would be on the same bus route. I guess I should have put City Bus in my title.

Thanks for your info though!

KT

Before you get your expectations up, do a search for "Hell Cayman" on YouTube. You'll pretty much get the whole experience from the few videos already there.

Unless, of course, you plan on making jokes about going to hell and back, etc. . . . :)

Has anyone done this? I wanted to make sure the bus does go to Hell, before we stand there waiting for a bus, only to find out Hell isn't on a bus route. I would appreciate any information!

Thanks!

KT

I've taken the public bus to a number of places before. Yes, you can get one to Hell and also stop off wherever you want to.

When you get to the bus depot in Georgetown (next to the Library) ask them which bus (van) to get in. Let the driver know where you want to go. Also, the locals are very helpful.

IMG_7309.JPG

IMG_7310.JPG

Most of the bus stops look like this, but you can flag them down, as well.

IMG_7315.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG

IMG_7546.JPG

If you are travelling with a few more people, it might be worthwhile and not that much more to take a taxi. With a taxi, you go when you want, you stop when you want, you come back to the ship when you want.

When we were in Grand Cayman, we just made a deal with a taxi. We went to HELL and back, all you really need is about 5 minutes there.

Across the street was the Turtle Farm. We spent more time there to take photos for the grand children.

Bill

Archived