Anyone knowlegable on Jewel of the Seas...

What kinds of amenities are in the bathrooms? Shampoo, soap, etc. Second, is putt putt golf free?

Basically, I am going on the transatlantic Sep 8 and have been so involved in researching the ports that I've virtually neglected the ship itself! How is the fitness program? I've sailed NCL several times before and enjoyed their scheduled fitness classes.

Jewel is a fantastic ship. The Radiance class are one of RCCL's prettiest (IMHO). As far as the bathrooms, in the standard cabins I recall Soap and the Shower Gel being available last year. The gym is top notch, lots of good equipment although I did not partake in any classes. You should not be dissatisfied with any aspect of this ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

RA

They provide shampoo and a bar of soap - both of questionable quality. I would bring your own.

There is no charge for mini golf.

One hint about Jewel - get crepes from the Solarium Cafe!

I am on the same sailing, it is a gorgeous ship. We have a fantastic roll call and even our own website. Please come and join us

http://www.freewebs.com/jewelsoftheatlantic/index.htm

We have all kinds of activities planned.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=535768&page=397

Welcome to the boards btw and to our cruise

What kinds of amenities are in the bathrooms? Shampoo, soap, etc. Second, is putt putt golf free?

Basically, I am going on the transatlantic Sep 8 and have been so involved in researching the ports that I've virtually neglected the ship itself! How is the fitness program? I've sailed NCL several times before and enjoyed their scheduled fitness classes.

Welcome Kristen. As Sue L has already said, check out our thread on the roll call and join us for some last minute discussions of the ship, itinerary and the various activities that have been planned. Lots of good information is available there. As you can probably surmise from checking out my signature, Jewel is one of our favorite ships.

Where are you from and when are you arriving in London? If you are arriving a few days early there are plenty of things to see and do in London and a group of us is gathering for a Bon Voyage dinner at Porters in Covent Garden on Sunday evening, September 7th. :) See you onboard in a very few days.

Thank you to all who answered.

To Sue L and Negc: I will check out your roll call thread. I am from Cleveland, Ohio and will be traveling with my mother.

Edited to add: We will be arriving in London Monday morning on September 8th.

Kristen--Regarding classes in the gym. While we were on Radiance in May, we did a morning stretch each day (seadays) at 8:00. Then at 8:30, they would have areobics, or some other type of activity. These classes were free. Then, out poolside, they had another type of activity. I would assume the Jewel would have similar classes. Also, be sure to collect your vitality dollars from these activities, and you get free t-shirts, water bottles, etc. They also have a walk a mile in the morning, and the afternoon, and you get the vitality dollars too. We will be back on the Jewel on 11-7-08 for the 10 day Panama canal cruise. You will LOVE the Jewel. She is IMHO, the most beautiful ship on the ocean!

Enjoy your cruise, from your Ohio sister! :D

Archived