How do you get an OBC?

iluvazsun

I keep seeing these posts for OBC's....how do you get them without them being available at time of booking? I jsut booked on Carnivals Freedom 2/22/09 cruise. I got a great deal with their one-day sale yesterday but would love to get some OBC. I am a past guest too. Any ideas?

I keep seeing these posts for OBC's....how do you get them without them being available at time of booking? I jsut booked on Carnivals Freedom 2/22/09 cruise. I got a great deal with their one-day sale yesterday but would love to get some OBC. I am a past guest too. Any ideas?

If the price of the cruise drops between now and the time of sailing, you can get the new price. If you have already paid in full, you will get an OBC.

go to Carnival.com and pretend to book your cruise with the same category that you have. It will tell you what the price is. The price of mine dropped today even compared to the one-day-sale, so I would recommend trying this right now. When it asks for promo-code, type in DP3. This is the code for past guest.

OBC are offered by some agencies when booking with them. Also you can get OBC by placing a deposit on a future cruise while you are on your booked cruise. The OBC amount will depend on what type cabin you eventually book with your prepaid deposit. I'm sure that that are other ways also that others may know.

Most people are getting OBC for booking within an open group.

I offer at least $100 OBC for my open groups. This will cover gratuities for a 3 and 4 night cruise with a little left over. 5 night cruise of course that means prepaid gratuities. You might see agencies promote as "$100 OBC" or "prepaid gratuites".

• 2 weeks later...

OBC from price drops. Look for them on line and then call Carnival for a reduction. We got $60 per person on our Pride cruise.

OBC as a CCL stock owner (min. 100 shares). There are forms on Carnival's website. We will get that for our next two cruises.

Archived