Sheraton Airport in FLL...very early arrival, what to do?

BRDbabies

We are booked in the Sheraton Airport for Feb and our plane gets into FLL at 6:30am..Now I know that no hotel will let us check in at that time of day! What do we do? Can we go to the hotel, leave out luggage and come back later in the day?

I know this is a while away, but I am one of those people who needs to know what is going on well in advance!

Thanks

I always fly into FLL on the red-eye flight and arrive at 6:42 a.m Twice I've gotten to the hotel (although not the Sheraton) and went to the registration desk and the clerk gave me a room key right away. It was almost like getting a night free. Another time, I had breakfast and by the time I was done, a room was available. Still another time I gave my luggage to the bell captain and kept my overnight bag with me, so I simply changed into my bathing suit and relaxed by the pool until the room was ready. So hopefully you'll be lucky, too, and be able to enjoy your day in Fort Lauderdale.

We are arriving at 11. I have already called them and they said that is fine. Of course you are arriving earlier. I would call them and see what they say. If they have a room not occupied, you should be able to get in right away. Or at least leave your lugage and go for breakfast. They do have a great pool area. Be aware they are off the beaten track and there is not to much within walking distance. Maybe you can rent a car for the day? You can pick that up at the airport and take off, arriving later. In any case, give them a call.

We will most likely have access to a car while there, as my bother will be joining us from Ontario and as of now they are planning on driving down so we were not worried about being off the beaten path. ANd if no car, then thats what cabs are for, it does not bother me to pay for a cabbie when I put out so much on the crusie anyway, whats another 10 or 20 bucks! Once it drops us off downtown, we hoof it the rest of the way!

I will call the hotel soon and make the arrangements if possible to either check in early or drop the stuff and leave.

Thanks for the help.

We also arrive (to Miami) very early and will go to the Hyatt Miami and I assume they can store our suitcases. We will pack our swimsuits in our carryon and hope they give us access to the pool area.We might have to have a little breakfast first though!

Have a great cruise!

Archived