Please Tell me what you think

jrkracing1

We leave on Monday out of Port Canaveral on Royal Caribbean. It appears Hanna is going towards the Bahamas. What happens?? Has anyone had this happen before??

I hate not knowing what to expect.. I didn't want to be stressed over a vacation. This is a much needed vacation.

Thanks for your help

The cruise lines do not take any chances with their ships with the hurricanes. Be sure and check the website for your cruise. The ship may leave early, it may be diverted to leave from another port, or your destination may change. It's just some of the things we have to deal with, booking during hurricane season.

First, Please don't be stressed for your vacation. The ship will not go to the eye of the storm. They will keep that ship (and all people in it) as safe as they can. You may have an exciting vacation. I have been through a hurricane at sea. The crew had to work hard, but I just enjoyed myself. I took my pills and took a show. We had to skip a port - but I have had many ports canceled for weather - not just for hurricanes. Enjoy the ship and all it has to offer. Keep yourself safe. Take good pictures. Enjoy the thrill ride that mother nature has made. They will keep you away from the worst of the storm.

I've seen other itineraries changed to Bermuda instead of the Bahamas for next week. Keep an eye on RCI's website for updates too. So far, they say Mariner is coming back to Port Canaveral on Sunday. Stay safe and have a great cruise. :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do?pagename=important_updates

The only ship that changed to Bermuda was one that is sailing out of NYC. From Port Canaveral, Bermuda would be too far on a 4 night cruise.

I just don't understand what other ports would be available if we can't go to the bahamas?? I just wish we knew a little more.

If you don't go to the Bahamas, more than likely you will end up with a cruise to nowhere - where you don't stop at any ports.

Just keep a watch on RCCL's website, if they make any changes, they will post them there. Also, be aware that you may not find out about any itinerary changes until after you get onboard the ship.

The thing is you could still end up going to your ports, possibly in a different order. You might end up in Freeport as well. Until RCCL makes an announcement, assume you are going on your original itinerary.

Archived