Saint John Car rental

Good Morning -

I'll be arriving on Carnival Victory 9/3/08. Docking time states 8am. I saw on one Saint John site that we will be at Pugsley C.

2 questions.

First, what car rental place is closest to Pugsley C?

Second, is it safe for the locals and us if we rent a car to drive to St. Marten/Bay of Fundy area? Is it an easy drive?

Good Morning -

I'll be arriving on Carnival Victory 9/3/08. Docking time states 8am. I saw on one Saint John site that we will be at Pugsley C.

2 questions.

First, what car rental place is closest to Pugsley C?

Second, is it safe for the locals and us if we rent a car to drive to St. Marten/Bay of Fundy area? Is it an easy drive?

AVIS is on the same street as Pugsley Terminal - exit gate, turn left and 3 blocks down Water St.

Don't call the call centre - call them locally at 506-634-7750. I would book now to avoid disappointment - due to booming economy car rentals are in short supply here according to article in local paper. Alternatively, you could try Enterprise Car Rental on Station St.

The drive is an easy one - about 50 minutes - 2 lane road 50mph (80KM/ph) once outside of city.

If you have car rental insurance coverage with your car insurance, ask them for an Inter-Canada insurance card. Some rental agencies insist on seeing your insurance card and that it has at least $1,000,000 worth of liability, otherwise they charge you for the liability (since credit cards only cover the car, not liability.)

Archived