Sas or anyone else that booked an infant before the RCCL age policy

crusinmama06

I answered but I really think the reservation is going to hinge on weather or not they made a reservation, and paid a deposit, for the unknown baby.

If that is the case she may have a leg to stand on as the RCCL CS person should have "done the math" and informed them that the child would not have been able to travel.

As other posters have pointed out, however, this is OP's fist post and they have yet to return.....:rolleyes: We shall see....

To tell you the truth, WE may push our 14 night transatlantic forward one year because of this. Even tho we have an exemption in our reservation, and I have a copy here at home, I still worry that we will have to deal with some bru-ha-ha surrounding the infant age policy when we try to board with an infant whom is 11.5 months old.......

Just as a sidenote -- all the negative posts about the OP wanting to bring their baby is very hard to read. I never knew so many people think that parents should leave their little ones home --

The last thing I would ever want is vacation FROM my son. Vacation is best spent WITH him.

:(

Kat - ignore those posters. I am getting used to it. I can predict who will want the babies to stay home and who will be supportive...and it's always the same people. ;)

Sas - thanks for all of your help. I think they will be fine if the UK rules don't prevent them from being grandfathered in. They booked on April 5. They named the baby on the ressies. And they paid a deposit. If anyone should be protected, it's them

I hope RCCL does the right thing

Kat - ignore those posters. I am getting used to it. I can predict who will want the babies to stay home and who will be supportive...and it's always the same people. ;)

Sas - thanks for all of your help. I think they will be fine if the UK rules don't prevent them from being grandfathered in. They booked on April 5. They named the baby on the ressies. And they paid a deposit. If anyone should be protected, it's them

I hope RCCL does the right thing

I saw that they fall before the actual change in policy. If they do have non refundable air/hotel/ etc/whatever, I would probably go the legal route and threaten action.

The only way RCCL could have gotten out of this was to inform their booked guests of the new policy and offered to accomodate changes. But, as we all know, RCCL changed the policy on their website and did not alert anyone with an existing reservation.

And, to take it one step further, YES, there is a very simple way for them to check and see who's reservation is affected by this policy change. It's really a simple database query. Sure, there may be a lot of records returned, but sending out letters to everyone affected would not have been that big of an undertaking....

NoelsCat, I agree.

(I have a little red-headed boy too, though he hasn't been so lucky as to be on a cruiseship yet, other than when he was the newest of embryos!!!)

How lucky you are to have a little red-headed boy, too. :) I swear, that flash of red on top was left by an angel's kiss.

Archived