AFT balcony staterooms

iluvazsun

Has anyone booked one of the aft balcony staterooms on Freedom (or any in that class)? I booked one and was told these are extended balconies (the ones in between the 9A cat rooms). Any one have info on these regarding size, noise, etc.

:) Yes, on Liberty (same class I think) we had an aft balcony next door to a 9A. We are platinum cruisers and felt these rooms were one of the best due to the deeper balcony and especially because of how quiet it is at the back of the ship. Highly recommended by our family! To add to this, on the first night of our cruise a drunk 20something guy jumped off the ship and we spotted him first as he made a small attempt to call up to the ship. We had the best seats onboard for all the excitement as he was then pulled out of the water by the Coastgaurd!! HaHa

Has anyone booked one of the aft balcony staterooms on Freedom (or any in that class)? I booked one and was told these are extended balconies (the ones in between the 9A cat rooms). Any one have info on these regarding size, noise, etc.

Haven't had an aft balcony on Freedom class but have on Destiny. Ours did have an extended balcony, quite roomy and womderful views. I think noise concerns would be the same anywhere;whats above and below you. Only drawback to an aft is IDIOTS throwing cigarettes off the stern of the ship. They tend to blow back onto your balcony, just like the sign says.

That being said,I'd do an aft balcony again any time.

Our last cruise on the Triumph was an 8C(Veranda) aft next to a 9A. Not only was it deeper, this particular balcony was 1/3 wider than the norm. There aren't too many like this on the ships, and the usual deck plans won't show the extra width. We liked it so much we booked a similar cabin on the Valor for next April. Yes, there was a little bit of chair scraping from above, but nothing to complain about. The only time I got upset was when they were washing down the glass outside the Lido deck, and a bunch of water came down on our balcony. Aside from that, it was one of the best views you could get from a ship!;)

We prefer aft cabins and book them when ever possible. The cabins are the same size as a regular balcony and usually have a similar lay out. But the balcony is deeper - which gives you more "outside" space.

We have had afts on the Triumph and the Legend we have graduated to 9A wrap for our Splendor cruise and a Cat 11 wrap on the Spirit.

We prefer these cabins because of the balcony -but it is also very quiet back there. People don't just wander past your door at 3 am! No one has any reason to come that far back unless they have a cabin back there.

Yes, we had 6454 (Upper deck) on the Glory. Balcony was deeper, deep enough to accomodate lounge chairs laid all the way back, but when we asked to get lounge chairs the request was denied, told it's against policy.

Balcony was not private at all, it was very open, could be seen from pool area above and all other balconies on same level and above.

Karakoe or bad singing could be heard in cabin every night.

We had a 9A, cabin 7440, on the Valor this past June. It was wonderful! I was offered an upgrade to Cat 11 , but I turned it down, I was glad I DID. I loved it. I do not know how I will go back to an inside cabin now!

If you can do it! Do it!

Enjoy your cruise.

susan

We had a 9A, cabin 7440, on the Valor this past June. It was wonderful! I was offered an upgrade to Cat 11 , but I turned it down, I was glad I DID. I loved it. I do not know how I will go back to an inside cabin now!

If you can do it! Do it!

Enjoy your cruise.

susan

My husband and I have a wrap on the Victory, the cabin looks great, and not sure if I would change to a suite if I was offered one myself. If they were to upgrade how soon do they ask you, we leave Oct.5th. It seems tempting though becasue the room may be bigger. :cool:

Just found out we have received an Aft Cabin on the Freedom-(7449)-(booked a Guarantee balcony)

Are the cabins layed out any different? Anyone been on the Freedom in an Aft??

Some of the aft cabins are configured differently that the balconies along the side of the ship, but not 7449. It will be just like any other balcony cabin but the balcony itself is twice as deep as those along the side of the ship. I think you will really like this cabin, congratulations on the upgrade. :cool:

My husband and I have a wrap on the Victory, the cabin looks great, and not sure if I would change to a suite if I was offered one myself. If they were to upgrade how soon do they ask you, we leave Oct.5th. It seems tempting though becasue the room may be bigger. :cool:

Our phone call came about 6-4 days before we sailed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Susan

We just returned from the Destiny. We had an aft cabin on the Verandah deck. The cabin was a lot smaller than the other balcony cabins. We had a love seat rather than a sofa, and only three drawers under a short counter rather than the longer counter with more drawers and the full cabinet with the tv on top. Cruisestateroom.com lists it at 185 sq ft as the other verandah cabins,but we aren't sure how they measured it! We definitely were cramped and to top it off,had a rollaway stuffed in there all week1 Good thing we were off the ship everyday! Our balcony was larger- 60 sq ft and we spent a lot of time enjoying it.

poly

We had 6436 (Upper deck) on the Triumph & the balcony is extended as compared to the regular balconies. If you stay to the back of the balcony, it is sort of private. The balconies above you can see you if you are standing at the rail. Also, it is directly above the karaoke lounge. There were some really bad singers on this trip!

Would I choose an aft balcony again? Definitely! I would go for the Empress deck though. Cabins above & below instead of really bad singing until about midnight. Other than that, the hallway is really quiet. Generally no one walks all the way back there just for the heck of it.

Towanda

Our phone call came about 6-4 days before we sailed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Susan

Thanks much.........

I just convinced my parents to book this cruise also, they are 82 & 84.

They started taking us on cruises back in the 60's. I'm so happy they will come, Life is short and I look forward to spending time with them.

Happy Sailing ~~~~:)

Archived