Sign and Sail Card Question

mcnabb3801

No they will not let you do this. When you go through the embarking process they will ask for the credit card and the person's name on the card must be present to sign the slip agreeing to allow the charges to be placed on that card. In our case if my son's are sailing with us they have their own cabin and our credit card is linked to their cabin. My dh has to sign a slip for that as well.

Could you tell me is it possible to have the sign and sail charges on our account be billed to a cc that is not ours and the person may not be on the cruise. Is there a way to fill out the forms prior?

While it's not possible to use someone elses credit card, it is possible to set up your onboard account using cash. You would do this as soon as you board the ship. Just go to the Purser's desk. They'll take your cash, set up your account, and you're GO. They usually want a minimum cash deposit and, if that cash reaches a certain level as the week progresses, they will call you to come down and put more cash on your account.

I always use a cash account because I don't like using my credit card for this. I have a certain budget set up and it's easier to control using cash.

I sent my daughter and her new husband on a honeymoon cruise in 2003 and set up the account with Carnival before they sailed. I gave Carnival all the information over the phone. They simply showed ID when they boarded and had no problems. I received the credit card bill later. :)

The answer is NO. Refer to Carnival site:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sail_And_Sign_On_Board_Account.aspx

Credit Cards are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. The following credit cards are accepted

Visa

MasterCard

Discover® Network

American Express

Diner's Club

Optima Card

Note:

• The American Express "Persona Select" is not an acceptable credit card.

• Regular ATM debit cards are not acceptable.

• Guests may use a checking account debit card as long as it is a registered MasterCard or Visa card.

• A guest traveling without his/her parents cannot use the parents' credit card even with the parents' written permission

• The cardholding guest must be an authorized signer by the card issuing bank.

• Upon completion of the Sail & Sign Application Form, the cardholder agrees to pay for the individuals indicated on the form; it is not necessary for these individuals to be booked in the same room as the cardholder.

Archived