Just Back from LOS 8/23/08

Where was your cabin? We're sailing April 4, 2009 and can't wait. We have 2 adjoining rooms on the 6th deck. Did you travel with kids? How old? And anything else you care to share.

Thanks.

We had 2 adjoining PR rooms on deck 8. They were great. We traveled with our DD 6 years old & DD 8 years old. Plenty for them to do. ice cream at the pool a big hit. We did this cruise last year & had just as much fun. The H2O zone was fun & the pools are great. Eat at Portifino's if you can.

Where was your cabin? We're sailing April 4, 2009 and can't wait. We have 2 adjoining rooms on the 6th deck. Did you travel with kids? How old? And anything else you care to share.

Thanks.

What are the activites? Are most activites kid friendly? Such as Sacvanger Hunts, Bingo, Pool Games, ect?

There are plenty of activities rock climbing, mimi golf, swimming, bingo, scavenger hunts and many more.

We just cruised Liberty last week too!

We stayed in a Grand Suite (1598) on Deck 10. I have always stayed near center on Deck 10 when cruising, but I have to say on Liberty, we had trouble sleeping because we could hear all the bass from the band on the pool deck. I don't know what it is about Liberty, but stay on 9!

The cruise was mostly wonderful, though we had two problems and guest relations was no help. If we didn't have access to the concierge, our issues would not have been resolved and that really irks me. Not everyone on the ship has access to the concierge, and if we didn't, we wouldn't have had our issues resolved.

My friends brought their kids and they had a great time with the Adventure Ocean staff, and the H2O Zone looked like a lot of fun. The arcade has a weird smell to it, but I attribute that to the fact that it's pretty much enclosed, probably to protect the games from the humidity.

The shows were kind of lacking in comparison to what I've seen on other shows. In The Air was a lame attempt at Cirque du Solei. The cruise director, James Andrews, is full of energy as is his right-hand man Phillip. They really made evenings fun.

We also took advantage of the luggage valet program and it made life much easier on the last day.

I have friends that were on that cruise, what was the weather like? were you very affected by the hurricanes?

We were lucky the weather was great. The hurricane was following us and we got out of each stop before it hit.

We just cruised Liberty last week too!

We stayed in a Grand Suite (1598) on Deck 10. I have always stayed near center on Deck 10 when cruising, but I have to say on Liberty, we had trouble sleeping because we could hear all the bass from the band on the pool deck. I don't know what it is about Liberty, but stay on 9!

The cruise was mostly wonderful, though we had two problems and guest relations was no help. If we didn't have access to the concierge, our issues would not have been resolved and that really irks me. Not everyone on the ship has access to the concierge, and if we didn't, we wouldn't have had our issues resolved.

The shows were kind of lacking in comparison to what I've seen on other shows. In The Air was a lame attempt at Cirque du Solei. The cruise director, James Andrews, is full of energy as is his right-hand man Phillip. They really made evenings fun.

We were also in a GS, however we found the concierge no help at all. He had no personality and barely rose from his chair to say hello.We have always stayed in GS and IMO this concierge was by far the worse we had.

However, our suite attendant was the best. The cruise director and the staff were fabulous. Do not miss the 70's disco party on the Promenade/

We never had a problem with guest relations. I guess with a ship that big it is hit or miss who helps( or doesn't) help you/

Wasn't thrilled with the shows except the ice show and Quest.

Had a great week and have 2 next cruise certificates to go again- eventually:D

What team were you on on Quest?

We were team ten.

I thought it was easier to participate in the past when they had it in the lounges. We had no access except to jump over seats and over the rail onto the floor. We did however, come in 2nd!!!

We lucked out with the weather!! I felt so bad for the islands after we left. Grand Cayman said we were the last day they were taking people out because they had to secure everything.

And we swam with the dolphins in Cozumel at Chankanaab and they said the next day they were bringing the dolphins to hotel pools (converted to salt water) for safety. I never even felt the boat move.

Loved everything about Liberty!!!

We were also in a GS, however we found the concierge no help at all. He had no personality and barely rose from his chair to say hello.We have always stayed in GS and IMO this concierge was by far the worse we had.

However, our suite attendant was the best. The cruise director and the staff were fabulous. Do not miss the 70's disco party on the Promenade/

We never had a problem with guest relations. I guess with a ship that big it is hit or miss who helps( or doesn't) help you/

Wasn't thrilled with the shows except the ice show and Quest.

Had a great week and have 2 next cruise certificates to go again- eventually:D

Was Lystra your suite attendant?

I guess, it could vary from person to person, but we had submitted a special needs [medical] request for a refrigerator in the room (a regular fridge, not the snack cooler) a while back. when I followed up on it the week before, I got a confirmation email that one would be installed when we got there. When we got to our rooms, there was no fridge. I called Guest Relations and after getting the runaround a few times from transfer to transfer, I finally got back to the original guy and he said "Oh, we don't do that here." I said, "really? So all your older ships do it, I have a confirmation email from RCCL Special Needs, but your second-newest ship doesn't have refrigerators?" He said "no, we don't put refrigerators in people's rooms and I don't know why Special Needs would have told you they do." I was FUMING. I had to spend over an hour making phone calls to Guest Relations hoping to get a different operator, Maintenance, and Housekeeping. The CL opened at 5PM and I went to him, and the matter was handled in a few minutes, and my refrigerator was in the room 30 minutes later.

Later, I tore my dress while getting ready for Formal Night and Guest Relations told me there was no tailor onboard. I called bull$h!t and went to the concierge, and the tailor was in my room within five minutes.

It would be one thing if Guest Relations said "I don't know, I'll get back to you," but to be lazy and flat-out lie really got me mad. I'm new to this board so I'm trying to keep my posts clean language-wise, but I have some choice words to describe them.

Mario also sent us two bottles of champagne at dinner time. Maybe it was because we were the only ones who liked him? Others on the boards seem to have complained about him too...

I think Mario was slow to warm up to, but also keep in mind he was filling in for the regular concierge so he might have been out of his element a bit. that might be more of an explanation than an excuse, but just know if you go Liberty again in a GS, you probably won't see him.

Was Lystra your suite attendant?

I guess, it could vary from person to person, but we had submitted a special needs [medical] request for a refrigerator in the room (a regular fridge, not the snack cooler) a while back. when I followed up on it the week before, I got a confirmation email that one would be installed when we got there. When we got to our rooms, there was no fridge. I called Guest Relations and after getting the runaround a few times from transfer to transfer, I finally got back to the original guy and he said "Oh, we don't do that here." I said, "really? So all your older ships do it, I have a confirmation email from RCCL Special Needs, but your second-newest ship doesn't have refrigerators?" He said "no, we don't put refrigerators in people's rooms and I don't know why Special Needs would have told you they do." I was FUMING. I had to spend over an hour making phone calls to Guest Relations hoping to get a different operator, Maintenance, and Housekeeping. The CL opened at 5PM and I went to him, and the matter was handled in a few minutes, and my refrigerator was in the room 30 minutes later.

Later, I tore my dress while getting ready for Formal Night and Guest Relations told me there was no tailor onboard. I called bull$h!t and went to the concierge, and the tailor was in my room within five minutes.

It would be one thing if Guest Relations said "I don't know, I'll get back to you," but to be lazy and flat-out lie really got me mad. I'm new to this board so I'm trying to keep my posts clean language-wise, but I have some choice words to describe them.

Mario also sent us two bottles of champagne at dinner time. Maybe it was because we were the only ones who liked him? Others on the boards seem to have complained about him too...

I think Mario was slow to warm up to, but also keep in mind he was filling in for the regular concierge so he might have been out of his element a bit. that might be more of an explanation than an excuse, but just know if you go Liberty again in a GS, you probably won't see him.

Sheldon was our attendant. He was fabulous. Had all our needs met without asking. Saw the cooler in the bathroom and it was filled with ice each am and pm.

Sorry about your experience with Guest Relations. That is unacceptable. I am glad Mario was able to help you. He did not do anything for us. Just said hello and never rose from his chair. All our other concierges got up shook hands, came over to where we were sitting and engaged in small talk. We had one problem with our Portofino's reservation and he was no help. The staff at Portofino's helped us more.

Maybe he felt out of his comfy zone but should be able to do the job given to him. The bartender was great though. We do not drink and he was able to get O'doules in for me husband on the second day. Very attentive.

The bartender was great though. We do not drink and he was able to get O'doules in for me husband on the second day. Very attentive.

Yes, he was great! We only did GS one other time - the time before this in 2005 and the drinks there were so weak it wasn't worth the free price. Roshan made them pretty strong, was very attentive, and never left us with an empty glass. It was also nice to have a Coke now and again since we were too cheap to get the Coke card.

Archived