Concorde Experience

happytotravel

Hi Everyone,:)

Has anyone done the Concorde Experience while in Barbados? We'll be there in November on the Norwegian Dawn and have booked the tour through them.

I'm just wondering if anyone did it on their own by going by taxi? What was the total cost for both ways and how did you enjoy visiting it?

My husband will either be using a rollator (walker w/wheels) or a wheelchair. Are the facilities good for either of those?

Thanks for any advise.

happytotravel:):)

My husband will either be using a rollator (walker w/wheels) or a wheelchair. Are the facilities good for either of those?

QUOTE]

I can't comment on the cost of doing it with the ship vs doing it on your own..

However.. the whole place is in a very large airplane hanger.. so the ground is flat and so the rollator or wheelchair will work. The only problem will be that you actually get to go up into the concord.. walking up the back stairs, through the aircraft and down the front stairs.. This might be a problem.. I might remember that they did have something in place for these types of needs but can't really say if it will be a problem or not.

Enjoy.. it's a great exhibit. I think you will enjoy it. Even if for some reason he doesn't get to go into the actual aircraft.

I can't comment on the cost of doing it with the ship vs doing it on your own..

However.. the whole place is in a very large airplane hanger.. so the ground is flat and so the rollator or wheelchair will work. The only problem will be that you actually get to go up into the concord.. walking up the back stairs, through the aircraft and down the front stairs.. This might be a problem.. I might remember that they did have something in place for these types of needs but can't really say if it will be a problem or not.

Enjoy.. it's a great exhibit. I think you will enjoy it. Even if for some reason he doesn't get to go into the actual aircraft.

Hi Sunniebgi, :)(Hope I got that right)

Thank you for your response. Going slowly my husband can climb stairs so I think he will be able to get into the Concorde. We will probably go for the rollator.

We thought of renting one while on the ship for excursions as we are renting a 3 wheel electric scooter for getting around the ship. Actually, we are going to go tomorrow to a store and check out about purchasing one.

Looking forward to our visit to Barbados. We've been there before and have enjoyed it each time.

Happytotravel:):)

Archived