Hello Caymanites!! How's Gustuv treat you?

poptart

There are some great pictures on the Cayman Activity Guide board. 7 Mile Beach and Georgetown are fine, but the Northside and East End got roughed up some: debris and some downed power lines. Nothing like what Ivan did, though! Rum Point took it on the chin pretty bad--the dock is unusable. The beach is strewn with wooden boxes that are square sections of the walking surface of the dock.

BTW, I just met a lovely young lady, 10 years old, whose name is Caiman. I commented that her name is one of my favorite places on earth, and she said that's what she is named after. Cool!

Sue

I was excited that the Royal Palms beach and bar web cams were back on yesterday.

There is a cruise ship there today and the water is calmer than it was yesterday but I can see some sea week in the surf. I'm sure stuff is all stirred up now.

I hope all of the new hurricanes lineing up don't get too big and do little or no damage.

I will be there in 4.5 weeks and was wondering the same thing. We will be at Rum Point on an excursion. I loved the Cayman Islands so much that we named our dog Cayman. Prettiest place I've ever seen.

What type of excursion were you able to find that goes to Rum Point? I love Rum Point, it's just hard to get to. I'm trying to gather info for our stop there next July. Thanks for any info you may be able to give!

We booked through Native Ways Watersprots and are doing the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour. We are not real excited about the Sting Rays, but are looking forward to the Reef Snorkling and and for sure the Rum Point Stop. We went to Rum Point a couple years ago. We rented a car. That was exciting driving on the opposite side of the road and car. I was glad to have experienced that. We did get lost on our way there but a friendly local got us back on track. I just love Rum Point.

Archived