Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville

MA cruisers

• 1 month later...

I have been to the one in Grand Turk which was great -- large pool, great beach, etc. Anyone know how this one compares? I will be there in Nov with my 4 & 8 yr old kids -- so don't really need info on the bar ;)

Thanks.

I have been to the one in Grand Turk which was great -- large pool, great beach, etc. Anyone know how this one compares? I will be there in Nov with my 4 & 8 yr old kids -- so don't really need info on the bar ;)

Thanks.

Then you probably don't really need to go there, at least not for any amount of time. It's not on a beach, it's right on the main drag in town. The pool is in the center "garden" area and it's mostly people cooling off after excursions and a few drunks using the slide (at least we did :)) The whole upstairs is a large bar/restaurant. When the end of the cruise crowd is there it can get pretty rowdy. It's not "open-air" like many others, it's more in a building with open windows. I wouldn't take kids there just to swim, if that's what you were getting at. 7 mile beach would be better for that!

It's VERY convenient to the cruise tender area. Just a block or so away. People tend to gather there for their last hours before having to get back on the ship! We had a great time there, but it was expensive....as was a lot of Grand Cayman.

Then you probably don't really need to go there, at least not for any amount of time. It's not on a beach, it's right on the main drag in town. The pool is in the center "garden" area and it's mostly people cooling off after excursions and a few drunks using the slide (at least we did :)) The whole upstairs is a large bar/restaurant. When the end of the cruise crowd is there it can get pretty rowdy. It's not "open-air" like many others, it's more in a building with open windows. I wouldn't take kids there just to swim, if that's what you were getting at. 7 mile beach would be better for that!

It's VERY convenient to the cruise tender area. Just a block or so away. People tend to gather there for their last hours before having to get back on the ship! We had a great time there, but it was expensive....as was a lot of Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the info. I am looking to take the kids somewhere to swim that has both a pool and beach. They like the ocean but only for a short amt of time -- they prefer a fresh water pool to a salt water ocean. Any places you can suggest? The kids are 4 & 8 and love water slides if there are any other places that have them.

Thanks!

Archived