Travel Insurance

bigbigbear28

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask about travel insurance, Whats the best company to get it from if any? and is there any features that are a must have for a cruise? Is basic cover adequate? And approx how much should i be paying for a 10 night cruise? Sorry for all the questions, Thanks for any answers also.

Have a great day :D :D

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask about travel insurance, Whats the best company to get it from if any? and is there any features that are a must have for a cruise? Is basic cover adequate? And approx how much should i be paying for a 10 night cruise? Sorry for all the questions, Thanks for any answers also.

Have a great day :D :D

I've checked dozens of companies over the last 4 years and none compare with WORLDCARE TRAVEL INSURANCE. Comprehensive Worldcare Plan A (Duo Policy) for 14 days Hawaii in 2006 cost $92pp. Original quote was $108 but for some reason it was reduced :) . Check out the website www.worldcare.com.au You can obtain a quote and pay online. The phone number I've noted is 131484...not certain but think that is for a quote!?

It more than likely is cheaper for a South Pacific Cruise.

B E V

My travel insurance is free providing I pay for at least $200 worth of my holiday on my Visa card. That's easy I pay for it all on Visa to get frequent flyer points.

Made a substantial claim in April - no problems

We must have the same Visa card. We always pay our deposit on the card and that gives us our free insurance. Like you, we have had a claim and had no problems. Our son was hospitalized in Germany last year and had no problem having the claim paid. :):)

I have also been insurance shopping and found the cheapest to be vora it was about $53.00pp. Obviously it is cheaper if you take out family insurance ($103.00) which is equivalent to 2 adults. It reduces it by a couple of dollars but hey thats a drink on board.

Regards-

Aussiescouser (the wife) :p :p :p

My travel insurance is free providing I pay for at least $200 worth of my holiday on my Visa card. That's easy I pay for it all on Visa to get frequent flyer points.

Too easy :D . Kind of FREE Insurance as we pay a little extra for the card and to be F/Flyers. I just love going business class at the airline's expense :p

Perhaps stating the obvious, but price is not the only consideration. Look also at range of cover, excess fees on different types of cover, policy on pre-existing medical issues, evidential requirements for claims, and apocryphal history of successful claims by satisfied customers.

Archived