promenade rooms

knothead

• 2 months later...
We had 7291 and 7293 on the Explorer and loved them.

Hi there! I know this is an old post but I tried to email you and it wouldn't let me, so I figured I'd ask here :) We have these 2 cabins booked on the Mariner in November and they are adjoining. Can you tell me where the door is between the rooms or how they adjoin? Also, were the beds against the same wall and do you think the adjoining cabins are noiser than others? Thanks in advance!

Valerie

here is a pic of my promenade room from EOS:

http://articz.home.comcast.net/0308.jpg

just a little warning, the room is a little messie, i think i took that the day we were packing to leave. and i also think the middle rooms means you'll have less motion do to the ship rocking or what ever. Even though there is little movement on these type of ships anyways.

if you look at the pic, in the bottom left corner you will just see the edge of the connecting door between the rooms. The rooms are a mirror opposite of each other. On the pic above, you enter the room, the closet is to the left, the bathroom is on the right, then the beds with the door across from it. And then the opposite for the other room.

we have been in these rooms twice, once on the explorer and also on the adventure and next month feb 6th we will be on the mariner in a promenade room. we enjoyed these rooms a lot and most of the people ive seen post about these rooms really enjoy them as well. we liked them because they were great for watching everything that gos on on the promenade deck. but as others have posted, if you dont want the people in the opposite room to see you make sure you close your curtains whenever you plan on changing clothes or whatever else you may getting undressed for. beleive me when i say this, lets just say we've seen couples creating waves in their rooms more then once.

we just returned from the voyager and had pr 7291 and loved it, have been in balconys, inside, outside and for the money it is a great value, have the same cabin booked for February on the Mariner, enjoy your cruise.

We liked the promenade rooms. I liked to wake up in the middle of the night to look who was walking in the promenade. There was always someone strolling by at all hours. We would book a promenade room again in a heartbeat. Most cruisers kept the heavy curtains closed at all times. The one thing that I did not like about the promenade room was that I had no sense of direction where anything was located. Our promenade was midship and we would always have to retrace our steps.

we just got back yesterday from the eos and had two adjoining atrium rooms, 7275, and 7277 which were pretty much centered on the promenade. We loved these rooms. Definatley the next best thing to a balcony. One thing I've read on these boards is that you cant hear the noise from the promenade, just the basic day you cant, but at night you can hear the music from some of the bars. It didnt bother us much, we were so worn out each night that we fell right asleep.

We're going to be in these two cabins on VOS in May, and I can't wait. :)

This might be kind of a silly question... but does anyone know if the windows open? :)

Archived