Flight path and STORMS!

ScotFi

:(

Hi

Flying in on Saturday Glasgow to Orlando wondering what the likely hood is of actually getting into Orlando. Our flight path appears to be through the projected storm track.

We then cruise from Fort Lauderdale on the 15th is there a chance we will not be able to. Or might they change the port due to the weather if it was an issue?

Scotfi 1st timer

:(

Hi

Flying in on Saturday Glasgow to Orlando wondering what the likely hood is of actually getting into Orlando. Our flight path appears to be through the projected storm track.

We then cruise from Fort Lauderdale on the 15th is there a chance we will not be able to. Or might they change the port due to the weather if it was an issue?

Scotfi 1st timer

There's a lot of routes between the UK and MCO. Granted, they do normally try and take the shortest route across the pond and then fly down the eastern seaboard. The route can and will be planned to avoid any storms in the atlantic, and unless orlando is taking a direct hit at the time of your flight, which is very very unlikely, you should have no problems. Enjoy your cruise:D

Agree with the other poster. We flew home three years ago the day after Wilma went through Florida (so we flew out through the bands of rain/storm) and it was fine (bumpy, but fine). As long as there is not a direct hit on the city during the day of your flight arrival, they will divert you around as much of the weather as they can and still be ok! Enjoy your cruise!

Actually the latest NHC forcast is showing almost a direct hit on Miami or FLL on Tuesday the 9th pm. Our work weather service shows it a little farther away but not much. If it does hit there, the port may not be reopened and you may have to go to another port. I would guess Tampa on the West coast of Florida. Otherwise it will be out of your way.:)

A couple of weeks ago, RCCL posted that they may move one of embarkation of one cruise from Port Canaveral to FLL because of one of the storms. They posted that you should still come to Canaveral and they would bus people to the new port.

Like others said, you will be coming in after these next two are probably done and it shouldn't be an issue even if they do hit.

Good luck.

Hey I wish you well this Saturday! We'll be flying over Hanna to get to Orlando too. :D

Now let's hope Ike doesn't rain on our parade. ;)

Hi Good luck to you too keeping everything crossed. We were caught in Orlando 4 years ago by Hurricane Jeanne and would prefer not to buy another comemorative T-Shirt.

Scotfi:)

Hi Good luck to you too keeping everything crossed. We were caught in Orlando 4 years ago by Hurricane Jeanne and would prefer not to buy another comemorative T-Shirt.

Scotfi:)

HAHAHAHAHA the commemorative shirt! :D

By the way, my kids LOVE your penguins. I showed them one of your posts a few weeks ago and ever since, they have been pushing each other into the pool just like your penguins do. LOL! :)

HAHAHAHAHA the commemorative shirt! :D

By the way, my kids LOVE your penguins. I showed them one of your posts a few weeks ago and ever since, they have been pushing each other into the pool just like your penguins do. LOL! :)

Hi

I am sure the penguins were copied and pasted on to my page. Feel free.

Scotfi

Archived