New to HAL - ?? about spa

Dawn Berry

Hello!

I do hope you all can help me :)

We just lost our cruise on the Norweigan Pearl on 10/26 due to technical difficulties on the cruise lines part :( So, these dates are pretty much the only option I have until next fall, and I'd like to keep my flight as is to and from Miami because I got it for such a great price - non stop. My options are the carnival triumph (hate carnival) and the HAL MS Westerdam. We are really into the spas and I noticed on the deck layout that there might be a thermal suite and pool on the Westerdam - is that true?? (Thermal suite with the heated loungers). If it is, then I'm sold already. I know food is subjective so I won't even ask (Princess has our favorite - didn't care for Celebrity as much - RCCL is in the middle - Carnival bleh) Princess being our favorite line, do you think we will enjoy HAL? We just like to relax, read, watch movies, eat, drink, gamble, karaoke. We aren't into the shows much on any line. Is it worth the extra $$ for a suite as opposed to a regular balcony cabin? I'm still in a state of shock at losing the Pearl, so I need some cheering up! - we already had our plan set out as soon as we got on the pearl - "Spa, bar, eat, bar, room" :) BTW - we are a married couple 38 and 35 and have cruised more than 20 times. We like to snorkel and shop on the stops and occasionally try stuff like zip line etc. We love standard seating at a large table (the only thing we don't like about Princess and Norwegan is their anytime dining thing, but we survive!).

Thank you in advance for all of your help and advise!

Dawn

I think you will love the thermal suite. Yes they have one with Steam room, aromatherapy showers, sauna, ceramic loungers and large separate pool.

While we haven't had a full suite yet, many on the boards swear by them, esp. all the extra attention at the Neptune Lounge (just for you), and all the extras.

My wife and I just turned 40, and think based on your description of your likes, you will love HAL.

Archived