Galapogos Tempature is the 70F or 80F this time of year?

artistsj

I am getting conflicting info about the weather in the Galapagos in early Oct. The travel sites all list the weather report as high in the low 80 F each day. Accu-Weather .com tells me the weather is high of 70. This is a very different wardrobe . Any one been there is Sept or Oct.? What Temp should I pack for. I need sweaters etc if 70F is the high. :confused: Thanks for your help. It is time for me to pack. SJ

The following information is from a Galapogos Website and it appears the weather will be variable depending on the Ocean currents - bring clothing to layer:

Galapagos Climate

The weather in the Galapagos Islands is largely determined by the ocean currents. Normally from June to December, there is a cold current rising from the south which creates a cool moist fog called a garúa close to the ocean making the climate rather cool and dry. In December, the wind has less force, the ocean is calm and the currents change, surrounding the islands in the warm Panama Current from the North. These currents create a definable weather pattern of hot sunny mornings followed by clouds and occaisional showers in the afternoons. Needless to say, this is usually the favorite time to visit. Based on all of this information, it would be safe to say: June to December cool, cloudy and dry season, December to June, warm, sunny and rainy season.

http://www.galapagos-travel.com/#climate

This will be of interest as well:

http://www.darwinadventure.com/galapagos-weather.htm

We went in mid-November and temps for the most part in the Galapagos were mid to high 70's daytime ... a little cooler in the mornings and after sunset. A light sweater or light jacket was the most we needed for evenings when we had dinner out on deck (which happens a few times during the week.)

In Quito, you'll need something a bit warmer.

We went in mid-November and temps for the most part in the Galapagos were mid to high 70's daytime ... a little cooler in the mornings and after sunset. A light sweater or light jacket was the most we needed for evenings when we had dinner out on deck (which happens a few times during the week.)

In Quito, you'll need something a bit warmer.

Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It seems every Q. I have I am referred to the very old and lenghty Galapogos thread "Any one back..." It is too long and information is not easy to shift through. So thank you again for an easy straight forward answer. I'm dislectic and reading 2000 replies is over whelming.

Archived