Wave runner rentals??

bets1067

We will be in the Caymen Island on Oct 7th and were looking for someplace that rents wave runners. We have 2 teenage boys, ages 18 and 16. I have read a couple different post but was wondering if any had done this and what the cost was. This will be our 3 trip on the island and this is what they want to do.

I have read about the marriot day pass, anyone done this?? if so do they rent wave runners and what is the cost for the day and the cost for the wave runners?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bets

We will be in the Caymen Island on Oct 7th and were looking for someplace that rents wave runners. We have 2 teenage boys, ages 18 and 16. I have read a couple different post but was wondering if any had done this and what the cost was. This will be our 3 trip on the island and this is what they want to do.

I have read about the marriot day pass, anyone done this?? if so do they rent wave runners and what is the cost for the day and the cost for the wave runners?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bets

We have been researching a place to parasail in Grand Cayman and all the advise I've been getting is pointing us towards 7 Mile Beach. Apparently there are vendors there that can accomodate most any water sport. GOOD LUCK!

I know that they offer wave runners at the Reef Grill. If I remember correctly they were $70 or $75 for 1 person for 1/2 hour and around $95 for 2 people for 1/2 hour. We were staying at the Lacovia about a mile North of there and there was a Red Sail operator next door and they also offered waverunners for about the same price.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

my husband and i just got back from grand cayman where we went on a tour that we drove wave runners to stingray city then to rum point it was a over a 2 hour tour and was great as it was a small group with a tour guide leading the way the cost was $69.00 which i thought was a great price as wave runners usually cost that much for half an hour .what a great day:)

my husband and i just got back from grand cayman where we went on a tour that we drove wave runners to stingray city then to rum point it was a over a 2 hour tour and was great as it was a small group with a tour guide leading the way the cost was $69.00 which i thought was a great price as wave runners usually cost that much for half an hour .what a great day:)

Sounds fun...who did you book with? Thanks!

Just returned. On 7MB by seagrape and the Marriot there is a company called redsail or redsails or something like that. They charged $65 for 30 minutes and the price was the same regardless of whether it was one person or two people on the wave runner. This price is a price drop because it is the "off-season" and the wooden boards showed higher prices, which were the normal prices.

• 2 weeks later...

We're doing this same tour in December. How much time were you able to stay at the beach at Rum Point? If you didn't want to pet the sting rays, could you buzz around on the wave runners instead?

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I just got back from a cruise and went to Grand Cayman. We booked our wave runner tour through Ebanks Watersports and it was great! The owner is a smaller tour operator but A1 in my book. I booked online about 2 weeks before we were scheduled to be in GC and he responded within 24 hours and we sent back and forth a few emails. He wanted to make sure that we would be back in time to get the tender to the ship.

We took the first tour of the morning. As it turned out, were the only ones to book so early, so we got a private tour for the price of a group tour. It was extra special since we were on our honeymoon. We originally booked the reef and ship wreck tour on waverunners. The weather had caused the water to be a bit cloudy near the ship wreck so he suggested that we go to stingray city. I originally had NO interest in going there but very glad we did...it was fun and something you should see.

Our guide, Jeremy was great...pointing out fish and eel to use when we snorkeled and a great guide. I would HIGHLY recommend Ebanks to everyone! I would be happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

Stacey

My husband and I just got back from a cruise and went to Grand Cayman. We booked our wave runner tour through Ebanks Watersports and it was great! The owner is a smaller tour operator but A1 in my book. I booked online about 2 weeks before we were scheduled to be in GC and he responded within 24 hours and we sent back and forth a few emails. He wanted to make sure that we would be back in time to get the tender to the ship.

We took the first tour of the morning. As it turned out, were the only ones to book so early, so we got a private tour for the price of a group tour. It was extra special since we were on our honeymoon. We originally booked the reef and ship wreck tour on waverunners. The weather had caused the water to be a bit cloudy near the ship wreck so he suggested that we go to stingray city. I originally had NO interest in going there but very glad we did...it was fun and something you should see.

Our guide, Jeremy was great...pointing out fish and eel to use when we snorkeled and a great guide. I would HIGHLY recommend Ebanks to everyone! I would be happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

Stacey

My teenage son and I had an almost opposite experience last Thanksgiving week with the same great service -- we had booked the Stingray City tour but due to high winds on that side of the island ended up doing the reef and shipwreck tour instead. We also got a private tour as we were the last tour of the day and no one else booked so late. And Jeremy was also our guide.

An advantage of booking with Ebanks is that if due to weather tours on one side of the island have to be cancelled, you can just take a tour on the other side. They are the only operator with waverunners on both sides of Grand Cayman.

Archived