Sunny Liston Tour

jamon

Does anyone know whether you can get on a tour with him in St. Thomas without booking ahead of time, and just do it when you get off the ship? Not sure whether one in our group would want to go on tour and book in advance, so that's why I'm asking. thanks

I do believe you have to make your reservation ahead of time. We booked a private tour in April and had a blast! Sunny's wife GiGi was our driver and she was wonderful. Lots of fun! We did have 2 others in our group who didn't book ahead of time join us. They just paid her cash there. You can email him and ask him about it before you book. It's a great time. Have fun!

Does anyone know whether you can get on a tour with him in St. Thomas without booking ahead of time, and just do it when you get off the ship? Not sure whether one in our group would want to go on tour and book in advance, so that's why I'm asking. thanks

We booked through his web site. Just google his name and St Thomas and you will find him. We had a blast.

I guess it depends when you go. I was in St. Thomas the second week in September last year. We walked of the boat and he was right there waiting to get people on his tour and his wife as well. Maybe it was also due to the fact that there were only 2 ships in port that day. Anyway, if you want a fun tour I would definitely go with Sunny!!! My family had a great day. I would probably book ahead, this way you know that you will have a spot. Enjoy.:)

We had booked Sunny for our cruise, but due to a hurricane and us being diverted, we didnt make it to port. When we arrived home there was a nice message from Sunny saying he was sorry he didnt get a chance to show us his beautiful island. He refunded every dime back..For that reason alone if we ever get there again, I woukld book him in a heartbeat and I heard he is the best.

We loved our tour with Sunny last year.

The kids had a blast and we loved the music he played in the touring vehicle!

He was knowlegable, funny, kind and flexible!

Reseverations are a must for this great tour!

Catrin

We walked off the ship in June and did a tour with Sunny. Actually we rode with a driver named Elvis.

Was a good trip.

I liked the one with Bernard in St. Martin better, AC on the bus and free drinks! Slim was our driver and he was GREAT!

We have been twice with Sonny and just LOVED him and his wife GiGi. I have always booked ahead but mainly because I was booking for at least 20 of us and wanted to make sure we could all go together.

I suggest you email him and he WILL answer you right back. Remember during the day he and his wife are out but they will get back with you. I am sure you can probably just get off, but he can tell you if he still has room and where to meet him.

YOU WILL LOVE THEM!

We were booked with Sunny Liston this past February and we loved every minute of the tour. We had booked the tour in advance. During the cruise, we met a couple who wanted to do the tour, but were not booked. When we got off the ship to meet Sunny, we asked if they could be part of the tour and he said yes as there was enough room left.

We booked a tour with Sunny ahead of time for our cruise this May. He was extremely prompt with a question I had, answered in less than a day. When we were boarding the bus to leave port two couples inquired about going, they did not have reservations. The bus was full and he sadly said he could have made arrangements ahead of time, but could not fit them at that time. He does pick up at the ship a few times, but all of the people that day left on the first trip to head to town.

Like you have already read, you will LOVE his tour. He definitly loves his island and explaining everything you will pass along the way.

Just agreeing that you will love his tour. It was absolutely amazing! We had 2 young ladies on our tour a few weeks ago who hadn't booked ahead, but there was room so he let them come with us. I guess it just depends on if there's room or not. I know I wouldn't want to take the chance, if this is something you want to do.:) Like others have said, he is very good about replying to emails.

We are looking forward to seeing Sunny again in May. We loved our time with him in '06. We may just have him take us to Sapphire Beach this time. We are trying to decide if we want to do the whole tour again at the end of a very port intensive cruise. However, his prices are reasonable & he is dependable. I like the idea having my ride waiting for me at the beach at our prearranged time. Others were calling for taxis last time and we just walked out and there he was waiting for us!:D

Both Trunk Bay & the Sunny Liston Tour are a full day. We had to force ourselves to take two cruises to do both!:p

It takes quite a while just to travel from the cruise ship docks to Red Hook where you go to catch the ferry to Trunk Bay. Then you will want to spend a couple of hours there at least and then return.

Sunny has several pick up times, 9 -10 or 11AM, takes you shopping for 1 -3 hours, takes you to Mountaintop and then to the beach, where he will drop you off for about 2 hours. Then he will pick you back up at the beach and return you to the ship around 3:30PM.

Thanks. we will do Trunk bay this time... after going to trunk bay, we are planning to be back in St. Thomas around 4pm. Our boat doesn't leave until 8pm...is there a mini tour avaialble from someone or something to do for a couple hours in St. Thomas around the Haven...dock. Any suggestions?

Thanks. we will do Trunk bay this time... after going to trunk bay, we are planning to be back in St. Thomas around 4pm. Our boat doesn't leave until 8pm...is there a mini tour avaialble from someone or something to do for a couple hours in St. Thomas around the Haven...dock. Any suggestions?

There is a lot of shops and some places to kick back right near the ship. That's where I have spent my time until it's time to board. The shops are usually open while there is a ship in port.

Archived