Silvermoon vs. Thriller turtle excursions

smittenkitten

The day we went out on Silver Moon II was a rainy one. No biggie, we knew we were going to get wet when we swam with the turtles but it was nice to have a place for our stuff to stay dry onboard. There were plastic windows that rolled down and zipped closed when needed. Because of this we were able to stay dry on the ride out to the turtles/wrecks and back. I am not sure about the Thriller boats; is there space underneath for everyone if it is pouring rain or does everyone have to sit there in the seats on top and get pelted with rain at a high rate of speed? Also, if the sun is too much, can you escape it? Just some thoughts. I loved Silver Moon II and would go back in a heartbeat.

Here is a link to my mini trip report on Silver Moon II

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15492728&postcount=7

Thank you so much!

It turned out that Thriller was booked anyway. Silvermoon has availability so we're looking at that and also the Shasa tour just because it is so much cheaper.

We did SilverMoon 2, and I can't say enough about the crew, the comfort, and the lunch. The lunch was great - one of my favorites, flying fish. There were some other choices, though, but that's what I had!

Archived