Must-eat in Cayman...

Rockportgirl

The ports of call board is a ghost town, so maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking for THE "must-eat" place in Grand Cayman. Non-touristy, (no Margaritaville or Carlos & Charlies), but a place where the locals would go...

We've rented a jeep and will just be cruising the island, so we can go anywhere and are up for anything. Any suggestions?

TIA :)

The ports of call board is a ghost town, so maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking for THE "must-eat" place in Grand Cayman. Non-touristy, (no Margaritaville or Carlos & Charlies), but a place where the locals would go...

We've rented a jeep and will just be cruising the island, so we can go anywhere and are up for anything. Any suggestions?

TIA :)

My husband & I vacationed in Grand Cayman 2 years ago. If you plan on visiting Rum Point beach (please do!!), on your drive through town on Bodden Town Road you will find several local food spots to try. Some are dine-in restuarants, others are "shacks" along the side of the road. I can't personally vouch for them since I'm a vegetarian but my hubby enjoyed himself. I can tell you that I had the best meal ever @ The Lighthouse in Grand Cayman, which is also located on the same road.

Have a great time!!:)

My husband & I vacationed in Grand Cayman 2 years ago. If you plan on visiting Rum Point beach (please do!!), on your drive through town on Bodden Town Road you will find several local food spots to try. Some are dine-in restuarants, others are "shacks" along the side of the road. I can't personally vouch for them since I'm a vegetarian but my hubby enjoyed himself. I can tell you that I had the best meal ever @ The Lighthouse in Grand Cayman, which is also located on the same road.

Have a great time!!:)

Thank you! We tend to seek out the "shacks" on the side of the road. :D

They usually have the best food, coldest beer and that "vacation" ambiance we're looking for. Can't wait!!

Archived