How long is to long for saving chairs

Canadianhey!

[quote name='Denny01']I know more than a few posts have referenced how Chair Hog threads can get as nasty as Dress Code threads. I disagree - this is a very low-key thread that has some well thoughtout insights on this subject.

But I think one of the problems is the difference between the selfish Chair Hogs that feel like they deserve to save some chair for extended times no matter how long they are gone, or the person who doesn't really think they are 'hogging' chairs, just 'saving' it for future use.

Most of us don't realy see much difference - the saved chair is tied up when not being used. The true chair hog can be obnoxious and aggressive, as we have all seem in earlier posts, but the nice guy who decides to go to lunch or go for another 'short' session somewhere else, to me, is the real issue. They are not being overtly selfish, but don't realize that saving the chair is not their option. I think its a subjet of education. The true Chair Hogs would never join one of these discussions because they DON'T CARE, but I think we need to ask our friends who think it OK to save a seat beyond a reasonable time to reconsider their actions. Sure, use 20 or 30 min as some gage, but the real point is, unless you are using the pool, or stepping away for a short time, take your stuff with you and find a chair elsewehere when/if you return. Be the nice person you are and let someone else use the chair, if needed. Find another one when you return. It's unreasonable to save the chair and then become a clock-watcher to get back in a 'short time'. Just don't save it.

Just my view.

Denny[/QUOTE]

Denny nice rational thoughts. Thank you.:)

I think there is more to it than taking leave of a chair. That's probably the gray area...did they leave for an hour, are they coming back, did they just take a short break?

Those are some thoughts that one might consider if spying a chair and trying to make a determination about its use. And it's not hard to determine if a chair has been legitimately used.

The other area, that is crystal clear is the chair that has been saved and has not been used, and that chair is probably the more objectionable save since it might not be actually used for a hour or so.

But digging more into it, those chairs are saved very early in the day, at a time of day when few are even up, and I believe those are the chairs that give the later in the day empty chair syndrome the biggest cause for concern and questionability.

I have no qualm with legitimately used chairs being left for more than 20 minutes and feel that a 20 minute period may be too short a period of time to be considered unoccupied.

For the early morning save, if the pool opens at 8am, then it's pretty close to the time to start using it if it has been saved it. I turn the scrutiny of usage over to the staff, and have seen them note actual usage under these circumstances.

Putting all that aside, standing around for 15 or 20 minutes to wait and see what time someone is going to come back to the chair seems to me to be a huge waste of time. And for that reason, I don't think that someone who has spied a chair they want will take legitimate steps with staff's involvement or intervention to ensure they have been fair in their own approach to solve the time issue for fear of losing out on that all important chair.

Only on a cruise ship!:D

[quote name='Texed'][B][COLOR=darkred]I would be really upset if anyone stole my waffle. Is there such a thing as " waffle hogs"? :cool: [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! Nope, no such thing. Waffles are fair game. It's open season on waffles. Take all you can eat - and you are even allowed to swipe them off other people's plates. :D

I always get my breakfast from room service anyway, so I know *I'm* safe! :p

[quote name='rcacace'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Can a burger & french fry's hold my seat over the 20 minute limit?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

But won't they be cold when you get back? Ick! ;) (And you might not want to eat them anyway...who knows who might have touched them...or worse!) :eek: :p

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Here's photographic evidence of chairhogging.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]But WAIT.[/COLOR][/FONT]:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]There's a name on that towel.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]Why it's.......:eek: [/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://www.zydecocruiser.com/liberty_06/pics/k9S1wYkgSSQJ+3VN3zKGc-+LAvYUQjG80300.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='usha'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Here's photographic evidence of chairhogging.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]But WAIT.[/COLOR][/FONT]:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]There's a name on that towel.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]Why it's.......:eek: [/COLOR][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

Ohmygod, that is HILARIOUS! ROFL! Who knew??? :eek: ;)

I'm choosing to believe he was in the pool for a quick dip...

[quote name='Leejnd4']Ohmygod, that is HILARIOUS! ROFL! Who knew??? :eek: ;)

I'm choosing to believe he was in the pool for a quick dip...[/quote]
Oh why must I keep defending myself?:eek: ......Ok.....this pic has been out for a year and a half.......I was on one of my group cruises and we had a stalker that we caught sneaking around taking pics of all of us.....and this is one I actually saw him take...real creepy.......anyway if you will look at the stacked chairs you will realize it's the end of the day and the guy picking chairs up said for me to put things on the chairs I want so he won't pick them up.....simple as that.:D

Archived