Slight Changes to Supper Club menus - just off Glory today.

Tom-n-Cheryl

Are you sailing eastern or western?

On the eastern route the first "formal" night was Sunday night, the second "formal" night was Thursday.

I make a point to be in the dining room for the first formal night, as I never want to miss Prime Rib. We will typically be in the supper club for the second formal night (as well as a couple of other evenings).

Tom

We are doing the Eastern. I enjoy going to the diningroom but I also love the Supper Club.

I know that it was the first (or second) sailing for Anna as hostess, though she had been onboard for weeks prior. So I have NO IDEA why she would have told us that there would not be any live music - unless there hadn't been prior to our sailing!!

Regarding the music, as I said before it was something like Blind Melon and Pink that caught my ear. Usually, when they play recorded music in supper clubs (Carnival), it is an instrumental piece or something along the lines of Norah Jones. Basically more appropriate for the "refined" dining experience.

Tom

Thanks. I skipped over the Blind Melon and Pink references before.

Just got off the Glory this morning. We dined in the Emerald Room supper club on 3 evenings.

Perhaps this has been pointed out in the past, but I could not "easily" find it with the search feature on here...

They have added two new options for starters:

> Pumpkin and Feta Cheese Parfait

> Escargot Bourguignonne (replacing the other escargot option) and even better than the main dining room escargot. This now goes into my rotation of favorite starters (w/ Beef Carpaccio)

Both of the above were very good - I enjoyed the Escargot TWICE :)

I wish I had taken my camera to the supper club - that can now be someone else's mission!!!

Another addition was a vegetarian option as an entree - unfortunately, I can't give any more details than that, as I EAT MEAT :D

On a side note - I tried the onion soup a THIRD time this sailing, as I kept reading where many said it was GREAT. Well, I guess I just don't care for their version, even though Cheryl and a friend at our table both loved it.

I'll jump on the scales Monday morning and check out the damage :eek:

Tom

Love the supper clubs.....On a note...If they would learn to use Apple Jack Brandy in the onion soup to enhance the flavour and cut the salty taste....Yummmmmmmmm

Learned the recipe years ago and it is the bestest.....;)

Love escargot.......:D

Archived