NCL Spirit to NE/Canada

slkscruiser

I am scheduled to cruise on the Spirit to NE/Canade later this month. (It will be my third cruise, but my others were both on RCL) I have read mostly HORRIBLE reviews of this ship, but most were from last fall or much earlier this year and none were for NE/Canada itinerary. Has anyone been on the NE/Canada cruise on the Spirit and if so, any thoughts? I haven't purchased any excursions yet and was also wondering if my friend and I would be better off exploring on our own. This is my first attempt at posting to this kind if site, so be gentle with me if I seem like a "newbie.":)

Take those negative reviews with a grain of salt. There's far more good reviews than bad. We sailed on her last November and had a wonderful time! Plus we'll be sailing again in a week to NE/Canada as well.

She's an older ship, so she may show her age a bit until dry dock this fall. The Asian decor is beautiful. She's a truly easy ship to navigate. All the dining options of the other NCL ships. Plus she's got a beautiful ampitheatre on the aft of the ship.

There are roll calls here where you can meet other CC members sailing on your cruise. Take a moment to check it out and sign up!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=354

Most of all, enjoy your cruise!

I cruised the Spirit to Canada/NE last fall and have nothing but good things to say. The ship was beautiful, IMO, and I liked the smaller size and lack of glitz I've seen in photos of newer, larger ships on most lines. The Spirit felt comfortable and welcoming. Ports were enjoyable, food was plentiful and good, service was excellent, and my only complaint was that they made me get off on the last day!

We love the Spirit and have been on her 3 times (ranging from a 1-night CTN to 11-night S. Carib.) ... and will be on her again next month.

We like that she is a little "different" ... and make sure you check out the Dragon's Lair.

Hope you enjoy her as much as we do!

Archived