Ramadan in Istanbul

This article might be of help to you...

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=151642&bolum=132

Also, we are planning a land vacation that includes Istanbul for 7 nights.

In our personal travel website, I have posted quite a few Istanbul videos that I think you will enjoy viewing.

Just go into our website link below and into Our 2009 Adventure!

Bon Voyage!

There are festivities every night around the Blue Mosque. Food stalls, vendors, etc. It is a lively place and to see the Blue Mosque at night during Ramadan is special. The end of Ramadan are the holy days of Seker Bayrami. We were there two years ago during this holiday. At the end of Ramadan there is a buying frenzy to prepare (food and clothing) for Seker Bayrami.....sort of like our Easter I imagine. This year I think it is the first 2-3 days of October......MANY things close on Seker Bayrami so you might check with local experts on the Istanbul forum of Trip Advisor. It is a great time to be in Turkey but requires special planning. Many restaurants are reserved by residents for dinner after fasting all day during the month of Ramadan and reservations at the good local restaurants are harder to get. During Seker Bayrami many locals go visiting again like Easter here. Marty

Hi, we will also be in Istanbul during Ramadan in a couple of weeks. I found this lovely description of Istanbul in Ramadan on the TripAdvisor Istanbul forum -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k978260-l5869522-Sultanahmet_Hotel_during_Ramadan-Istanbul.html

Hope you will enjoy!:) :)

Aussiecruzer

Archived