Can I bring a Scuba Diving Knife onboard ???

We are divers, and I had my SCUBA knife in my dive bag, which I checked with the porters. My bag did not arrive at my cabin. I had to go down to talk with security, and they confiscated the knife. They told me I could check it out when I was going diving, but had to check it back in when I reboarded the ship. I got the knife back before we debarked.

I don't take it any more. It is too much of a hassle.

I have always found it interesting that they will give you a steak knife at dinner. I wonder if the waiter has to account for the number of knives that he gives out?

Or, maybe that is the reason that the Head Waiter is always running around taking lobsters out of shells, or cutting people's meat for them!:D

They're definitely looking for them. When I put my dive bag through the xray machine when reboarding Freedom, they took extra time looking at it and specifically asked if I had a dive knife in there. Then again, I suppose it could depend on who's scanning at that particular time.

We are divers, and I had my SCUBA knife in my dive bag, which I checked with the porters. My bag did not arrive at my cabin. I had to go down to talk with security, and they confiscated the knife. They told me I could check it out when I was going diving, but had to check it back in when I reboarded the ship. I got the knife back before we debarked.

The same thing happened to me even when I had a mini 2 1/2" blade dive knife. IMO if you have dive equipment with your luggage the ship's security looks for knives.

I also don't take one any more on cruises because of the hassle.

I have always found it interesting that they will give you a steak knife at dinner. I wonder if the waiter has to account for the number of knives that he gives out?

Or, maybe that is the reason that the Head Waiter is always running around taking lobsters out of shells, or cutting people's meat for them!:D

Same thing happen to us. We just leave it home now, its just easier.

Laura

DH's dive knife made it on board but it was confiscated when he reboarded the ship after is first dive (I can't remember which RCI ship it was...). He was told that he could pick it up at the end of the cruise (we forgot....) Anyway, he doesn't bother with the knife when we are cruising.

Archived