submarine, then sea grape on our own?

vikqueen

Our family will be going to Grand Cayman in December, we're scheduled to be there from 7 am until 5 pm, and we'll be tendering. I am thinking of doing the Atlantis Submarine through the ship's excursion, but it starts at 12:30. Would I have time to go to Sea Grape on our own either before or after this? How early do you like to be back to the pier to guarantee you make it back for the tender?

You don't say how long the excursion lasts but what I was able to find says that it lasts 1.5 hours. On the cruises I have been on the last tender has always left 1/2 hour before the ship's scheduled departure time. That leaves only 2.5 hours for travel time to and from SeaGrape and some time to enjoy the beach. That wouldn't be enough time for me because I would be watching my watch the entire time worrying about getting back in time. You don't say why you want to go to SeaGrape but it is on the North end of 7 mile beach. You may want to choose something closer. I would probably get off the ship as early as possible and head to a closer area on the beach so that I wouldn't have to worry so much about travel time. Then you can enjoy the beach til about noon and catch a cab to the Atlantis meeting place.

It's hard to predict how early you will be able to get off of the ship but I would think you could be on the beach by 8:30. That gives you 3 - 3.5 hours of beach time. Also, I think I would look into booking the submarine excursion on your own.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Archived